Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So, I wasn’t really shopping for an Egg, but….

Saw a pristine, recent model MiniMax for a pretty cheap, including a stand, which I had been wanting. Only used three times and very clean inside.  Went ahead and pulled the trigger. Just gotta clean it up and re-align the bands and spring. 

I had sworn off used Eggs a few years back, buying both a fully-warranted Large and Mini Max at that time. But this deal was a little too tempting. This one’s for the front, covered porch on rainy or snowy days. I even have a BGE cover for a Medium that I anticipate will fit perfectly. 

Comments

• Spring assembly was installed upside down, as was the fire grate. Was advertised as a “Mini” and while I would have liked one of those, this was a better deal for the money. Came with aftermarket temp gauge as well as the unopened original and a plate setter. Pretty happy with the buy. 
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    I would have sold you mine, only used 2 times 🤣😂

How much $?

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• paqman said:
    I would have sold you mine, only used 2 times 🤣😂

How much $?
    Tell me how much for yours first. 😉
  • paqman
    I really don’t know, i’ll probably put it up for sale at 600$ and we’ll see what happens 

That’s all I wanted to hear. And that’s a far price. I paid $400, with the plate setter, stand and aftermarket gauge. I was already going to buy the stand, so am only down a few bills for a new MiniMax. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    Nice.  First cook: papa Murphy’s pizza?  ;)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • @JohnInCarolina

Oddly enough, I have not yet cracked into that thread. Sounds like maybe I should be having a look for inspiration. Not sure we have Papa Murphy here. 
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    nice snag!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    @JohnInCarolina

Oddly enough, I have not yet cracked into that thread. Sounds like maybe I should be having a look for inspiration. Not sure we have Papa Murphy here. 
    "that" thread?   :D

They're tricky, and not a lot of info available on how to do it.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,166
    Window of opportunity right there.  Well played!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 579
    Jeesh, great deal! You know it's clean when you can still read the serial #.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    Great deal, but no warranty? 🤫
    canuckland
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 392
    paqman said:
    I really don’t know, i’ll probably put it up for sale at 600$ and we’ll see what happens 
    Does yours include the same accessories? 
    Where about's are you located? 
    I might be interested if you are serious.
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • paqman
    keener75 said:
    paqman said:
    I am near Ottawa, same accessories but no legs (stand?).  Interestingly, the “Big Green Egg” inscription on the front is blue instead of green on mine.

That look on SWMBO's face, when you say "I bought another egg..."

Well used to it by now =)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • paqman said:
    keener75 said:
    paqman said:
    I am near Ottawa, same accessories but no legs (stand?).  Interestingly, the “Big Green Egg” inscription on the front is blue instead of green on mine.
    Isn’t that the blue the telltale sign of those Chinese knockoffs? 😉
  • caliking said:
    That look on SWMBO's face, when you say "I bought another egg..."

Well used to it by now =)
    I think that was her 7th rodeo. But after years of numbing her to the pain of my guitar and amp purchases, the BGEs have been an easy sell. 
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 392
    paqman said:
    keener75 said:
    paqman said:
    PM sent.
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • Canugghead
    edited June 2022
    Almost pulled the trigger on a minimax, with nest, stand and conveggtor. A bit dirty but no cracks. Less than 10 miles from home and only $350. Had to back out since we’re trying to downsize.
    photos in ad are stock, seller sent me multiple photos of actual minimax.

canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Should have just bought it and ask for forgiveness later. Probably long gone now since there were two other guys wanting to buy but couldn’t get there in an instant like me.
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,166
    The window of opportunity-or Strike while the iron is hot!  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Almost pulled the trigger on a minimax, with nest, stand and conveggtor. A bit dirty but no cracks. Less than 10 miles from home and only $350. Had to back out since we’re trying to downsize.

You pu$$y! 

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Just kidding @Canugghead

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Almost pulled the trigger on a minimax, with nest, stand and conveggtor. A bit dirty but no cracks. Less than 10 miles from home and only $350. Had to back out since we’re trying to downsize.

So you solicited many photos of a cheap Egg with no intention of buying? What a tease. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864

So you solicited many photos of a cheap Egg with no intention of buying? What a tease. 
    haha, reminds me of a few years ago when someone here was trying to sell their chiminea and one of the trolls requested pictures of it with a newspaper next to it, like a hostage photo.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Canugghead

Fwiw, I didn’t ask for photos, he sent them voluntarily  B)
    canuckland