Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wagyu at Arby’s

Options

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Comments

• AnothaStolenGenrator
    Options
    Seems like going to Denny’s for caviar.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Watch @botch post.  It’s mentioned.  Nearly half is actually regular sirloin.  
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    Options
    Make your own Wagyu ( heck it’s ground )

https://youtu.be/8z6uHel_VnY
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • scdaf
    scdaf Posts: 176
    Options
    Honestly, the best burger I've ever had from a fast food joint.  I think the patties are pre cooked and just nuked in the restaurant, but the char is perfect, taste is great and the price is reasonable.  Casual dining burgers around here are nearly twice the price and not as good.  Get the bacon option, not much more and they use pretty good bacon.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    Watch @botch post.  It’s mentioned.  Nearly half is actually regular sirloin.  
    Watched and enjoyed learning from that video. I haven't looked for the fine print, but I'd be shocked if whatever it is Arby's is selling is anywhere close to actual wagyu in a burger that sells for $6.
    Stillwater, MN
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Arby's Waygu....hmmmm these two words should not be in the same sentence...

Best fast food burger: In 'N Out Double Double with onions.

Best Burger in the universe: Gott's Double with everything on it, accompanied by Truffle Fries and a Lemon Cream Shake

Best Burger in Phoenix:  Ingo's Tasty Food

Best Burger in Wisconsin: Nite Owl on Layton Avenue or Kopp's on 76th...

As to Arby's. The last time I ate there let's just say the aftermath wasn't pretty

Not trying to diss on Arby's here but sometimes when you have a bad experience somewhere, you just can't go back.

I am headed to Colorado Springs and if egg nation has a burger recommendation kindly share and I will see if I can make it

• CP92
    CP92 Posts: 327
    Options
    Wagyu is a breed of cattle. Same as Angus, Hereford, etc. It is also a buzz word that people associate with grades of beef for instance select, choice, and prime, going much further with the A5 mistakenly associated with all Wagyu. 
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    CP92 said:
    Wagyu is a breed of cattle. Same as Angus, Hereford, etc. It is also a buzz word that people associate with grades of beef for instance select, choice, and prime, going much further with the A5 mistakenly associated with all Wagyu. 
    And that gets sticky too; 100% Certified Angus is also a brand (Angus is the most popular beef breed).  
    https://www.agdaily.com/livestock/farm-babe-meaning-certified-angus-beef/  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Botch said:
    CP92 said:
    And that gets sticky too; 100% Certified Angus is also a brand (Angus is the most popular beef breed).  

I'm late to the party but If anyone is looking for something to watch I highly recommend Super Size Me 2: Holy Chicken. It's free on YouTube. The movie is fascinating. They take on big chicken. Something like 4-5 chicken companies own 99% of the market. They show how corrupt everything really is and how phoney labels are marketed. Worth the watch. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Botch said:
    CP92 said:
    The brand is Certified Angus (not 100% certified angus). They say even In The marketing materials that the animal must grade in the top 1/3 of choice and above, have black or red hair and 51% angus dna. We were a CAB dealer back in The day and I can tell you there are some wild swings within the CAB world as well. We bought from a restaurant supplier (Sysco) and it was way better than almost all the grocery store stuff I have seen. I would put most of what we got up against the SRF steaks we have had. It was awesome. I have had hit and miss results when buying at retail and then Wagyu kind of moved in these past few years. As wild as the swings are in what we saw between restaurant and grocery steaks, I would still buy it over any choice steak or crappy looking prime (looking at you Costco) any day. I guess the best way to say it is: It’s all good but some’s better than others. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Botch said:
    CP92 said:
    The brand is Certified Angus (not 100% certified angus). They say even In The marketing materials that the animal must grade in the top 1/3 of choice and above, have black or red hair and 51% angus dna. We were a CAB dealer back in The day and I can tell you there are some wild swings within the CAB world as well. We bought from a restaurant supplier (Sysco) and it was way better than almost all the grocery store stuff I have seen. I would put most of what we got up against the SRF steaks we have had. It was awesome. I have had hit and miss results when buying at retail and then Wagyu kind of moved in these past few years. As wild as the swings are in what we saw between restaurant and grocery steaks, I would still buy it over any choice steak or crappy looking prime (looking at you Costco) any day. I guess the best way to say it is: It’s all good but some’s better than others. 
    In summary, your meat used to swing wildly.  I got that right?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    The Cen-Tex Smoker said:
     I guess the best way to say it is: It’s all good but some’s better than others. 
    To this day, I judge purchases by looking at the cut.  Thank goodness for cellophane.  (and I've learned that the "sell-by" date is worthless)  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,306
    Options
    I tried to go to Arby’s tonight. Due to employees calling out it was drive through only. I left.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,661
    Options
    I tried to go to Arby’s tonight. Due to employees calling out it was drive through only. I left.
    We’ve saw a lot of extended wait times at several restaurants due to “lack of labor”. We were at Outback on Sunday and the waitress was complaining that she was having to bus tables and wash dishes on top of her waitress duties.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,306
    Options
    I don’t say bad things, I just leave. Their problems are their problems.
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I tried it a few weeks ago.  It was good for a fast food burger.