Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Formula 1 race-Monte Carlo May 29, 9 AM EDT (ESPN) and more practice coverage-

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,505
Now That Barcelona is in the books here's the next one-
Fasten your seat belt as it will be quite a ride.

Monaco Grand Prix (all times EDT)

Practice 1 - Friday, May 27 - 7.55AM - ESPN2
Practice 2 - Friday, May 27 - 10.55AM - ESPN2

Practice 3 - Saturday, May 28 - 6.55AM - ESPN2
Qualifying - Saturday, May 28 - 9.55AM - ESPN2

Pre-race show - Sunday, May 29 - 7:30AM - ESPN
Monaco Grand Prix - Sunday, May 29 - 8.55AM - ESPN
Post-race show - Sunday, May 29 - 11.00AM - ESPN3

Race (re-air) - Sunday, May 29 - 3.30pm - ABC

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,793
    Options
    Great weekend of Racing and Briskets 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Not meant as a thread jack - but for any of you interested in F1, I highly recommend the docuseries on Netflix ‘Formula 1 Drive to Survive’. The first season is excellent.  Subsequent seasons, not quite as good.  Well worth the watch …. Now back to the original thread … 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Continuing the hijack in hopes of creating more interest- @mEGG_My_Day - Your suggestion is why I am here.  My son suggested the series as he was a fan (don't know the hook) especially given the whole package and the driver skills.  I gave it a look and am now thru the current season 4. 
    I will say season 4 has more open wheel racing and team drama entertainment than the others.
    As a way back story - I am old and did attend the US Grand Prix at Watkins Glen from 1968-1970.  Then life overpowered the whole scene. Clearly resurrection at play here.  Thanks again.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,050
    Options
    Not meant as a thread jack - but for any of you interested in F1, I highly recommend the docuseries on Netflix ‘Formula 1 Drive to Survive’. The first season is excellent.  Subsequent seasons, not quite as good.  Well worth the watch …. Now back to the original thread … 
    I’ve actually enjoyed all of the seasons so far.  It’s a great series.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Mr1egg
    Mr1egg Posts: 372
    Options
    Hamilton wanted to give up and save the engine and ended up in what 5th place or something. I think I smell a little comeback for Mercedes’ this year. Will be very interesting to watch the next race. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,050
    Options
    Mr1egg said:
    Hamilton wanted to give up and save the engine and ended up in what 5th place or something. I think I smell a little comeback for Mercedes’ this year. Will be very interesting to watch the next race. 
    Monaco is kind of a weird one though, isn’t it?  Like it’s notoriously hard to overtake.  

Regardless, I plan to tune in. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Worth a look to see what cars are using what engines.  It is not totally obvious.
    Related, Red Bull started to really become successful when they went with a Honda engine.  Now I don't see any Honda marks on the car.  Shortly after the switch Honda was the word on the DRS...Money talks!
  • Mr1egg
    Options
    Mr1egg said:
    Monaco is kind of a weird one though, isn’t it?  Like it’s notoriously hard to overtake.  

Regardless, I plan to tune in. 
    Ya true, it’s mostly follow the leader but sometimes they go for the win especially at the end. Best of all I don’t work this weekend! So I can’t wait. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Bump as the Saturday qualifying runs are great, independent of the race.  
  • EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 383
    Options
    Unbelievable and unfortunate end to Q3.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    The Ferraris appear to be dialed in.  Tough course to gain much ground on the track.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,187
    Options
    I plan to tune in and see what all the fuss is about.  Since NASCAR has gone pear shaped over the last decade or so, might be time to find a new motor sport.  Not near enough Sprint Cars on TV and Swamp Buggy racing seems to have died.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac ABC is rebroadcasting the race at 3:30 PM EDT today so you have a couple of options.
    Btw- these guys execute both left AND right turns on the course!
  • unoriginalusername
    Options
    What a bizarre staring procedure 
  • Mr1egg
    Options