Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crispy Beer Can Chicken

Options
BGNMI
BGNMI Posts: 20
Indirect, Large, Eggspander Chicken almost touching Dome, Preheat to 325.
Cooked at 325 steady for 1.25-1.5 hrs, 

Crispy, Juicy. No air drying, Baking soda etc.
- Bell and Evans Air chilled chix right out of pkg, then wet marinate in rub, a peruvian type cumin, garlic paste and ½ the bud light about 40 min till BGE came to temp.

My issue with spatch is there is a big flap of thigh skin that is covered and thus flabby

Comments

• Hansm
    Hansm Posts: 214
    Options
    looks great

LG BGE,  Weber Genesis gas, Weber 22" Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Yummy looking chicky!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    That's a fine looking chicken B)
  • Skims_Smokehouse
    Options
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Nothing better than a tasty, crispy yard bird on an egg! You were lucky IMHO as I used to accidentally knock over my beer butt birds! Then I purchased some ceramic Willie's Chicken Sitters which are nearly impossible to knock over even if you tried!

Shortly thereafter I switched to "splating" mine and have never gone back! As for the thigh skin flap I merely cut that off!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.