Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Miami GP Menu

Options
I know Sunday is Mother's Day, but for F1 fans it's a big day because of the inaugural Miami Grand Prix. It's a nice change of pace because the race is actually in the afternoon rather than morning like when it is in Europe.

Menu at my place is going to be ABTs, smoked potato skins, taquitos, and Cuban sliders. That way everyone can graze as we watch the race. 

Other F1 fans, what are you cooking?

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I know Sunday is Mother's Day, but for F1 fans it's a big day because of the inaugural Miami Grand Prix. It's a nice change of pace because the race is actually in the afternoon rather than morning like when it is in Europe.

Menu at my place is going to be ABTs, smoked potato skins, taquitos, and Cuban sliders. That way everyone can graze as we watch the race. 

I have it set on my dvr. Since I watched that Netflix show I have some interest. We shall see if it blossoms or wains. 👍🏻
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,343
    Options
    I'm a guest at my son's house (race will be watched, menu TBD) but he also steered me to the Netflix F1 series.  I did get to the 1968-1970 (old here) F1 races at Watkins Glen, NY.  Great times but life got in the way and I lost interest.
    Now back in it and looking to make the Vegas race in 2023 (if still on the planet).  Figure a life's bookend event.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Netflix series just got extended for at least 2 more seasons today.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Plz tell me more about your method for Cuban sliders
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 381
    Options
    loco_engr said:
    Never done them before, but here is my plan:

1) Take King's Hawaiian rolls and slice in half so you have a top sheet and a bottom sheet.
    2) Slather the insides of both with mustard
    3) Pile on the bottom in this order: leftover pulled pork, deli ham, dill pickle slices, and swiss cheese.
    4) Top with top sheet.
    5) Brush tops with melted garlic butter
    6) Sprinkle Everything Bagel Seasoning over the tops
    7) Bake indirect on the egg at 400 until hot all the way through (thinking 15-20 min)
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,949
    Options
    It’s very well done.  I was never really interested in F1 before I started watching that series.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
    loco_engr said:
    Never done them before, but here is my plan:

1) Take King's Hawaiian rolls and slice in half so you have a top sheet and a bottom sheet.
    2) Slather the insides of both with mustard
    3) Pile on the bottom in this order: leftover pulled pork, deli ham, dill pickle slices, and swiss cheese.
    4) Top with top sheet.
    5) Brush tops with melted garlic butter
    6) Sprinkle Everything Bagel Seasoning over the tops
    7) Bake indirect on the egg at 400 until hot all the way through (thinking 15-20 min)
    This is a great way to make a crap ton of breakfast sandwiches as well - can do this for a crowd with scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage or both, cheese, etc.  bake a whole sheet of them at once…now I’m hungry.
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    It’s very well done.  I was never really interested in F1 before I started watching that series.  
    I was the same way.  Hooked on the show now.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Hook_emHornsfan_74 - Some tix still available for the F 1 race in Austin in October.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    edited May 2022
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I'm a guest at my son's house (race will be watched, menu TBD) but he also steered me to the Netflix F1 series.  I did get to the 1968-1970 (old here) F1 races at Watkins Glen, NY.  Great times but life got in the way and I lost interest.
    Now back in it and looking to make the Vegas race in 2023 (if still on the planet).  Figure a life's bookend event.  FWIW-
    That's all the way back to "the long hair days" of Formula 1.   :D

Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Hook_emHornsfan_74 - Some tix still available for the F 1 race in Austin in October.  
    I did not know that. Will be looking Into that tonight. Thanks!
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • lousubcap
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I did not know that. Will be looking Into that tonight. Thanks!
    As you might guess- the price points are up there but given Texas...  
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,861
    Options
    Mercedes strong in practice.   Upgrades effective or being trolled by Red Bull running a low power setting????
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 381
    edited May 2022
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Mercedes strong in practice.   Upgrades effective or being trolled by Red Bull running a low power setting????
    I think Max and Checo turn it on today for FP3 and Quali. Max had some problems yesterday which kept him off the track for most of P2.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,861
    Options
    Ferrari on fire and the whole show at Miami looks off the charts.   Welcome to the new F1 era and long may it continue - was getting bit shabby under Bernie, who to be fair to him saved it himself, back in the day. 
    VAG under the Audi & Porsche banner on their way back in too. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    F1 Miami GP’s Fake Water in Its Marina Becomes Talk of the Town (msn.com)

I haven't watched any of this weekends footage, but stumbled on this article.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 581
    Options
    Way to go Rob.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,949
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    F1 Miami GP’s Fake Water in Its Marina Becomes Talk of the Town (msn.com)

I haven't watched any of this weekends footage, but stumbled on this article.  
    American ingenuity at its best (worst?)!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
    Sounds about right, he has a fake football team too.
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    I’ve looked into going to Austin, pass by the track often, but price drove me away to stay at home and watch on TV.   IMO, for what you pay and how little you actually get to see (as opposed to say NASCAR) I opted for TV coverage and cheap beverages.   
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • dannys
    dannys Posts: 164
    Options
    I didn't cook anything over the weekend. But I had some great seafood at 2 Miami restaurants (A fish Called Avalon and Amara).

The food at the track was OK. Mostly food trucks and pop ups - Pizza, BBQ, Fried Chicken, etc.  What was really bad was that a lot of places ran out of food. And while some didn't run out, they did stop taking new orders so that they could catch up.

Bottled water at $5 each was my drink of choice, but there was plenty of Heineken, vodka drinks, and Sierra Mist, as well (more choices than I remember).

And man was it hot!  Sun pounding on you all day. Any place shady was filled with people. The food tent had people parked at the tables for hours.