Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Recommendations For Li-Ion Automotive Jump Starter

dbCooper
dbCooper Posts: 2,061
edited January 2022 in EggHead Forum
Negative 2 degrees here earlier this morning and Angie had a Dr. appointment to get to.  Her Santa Fe would not start, low battery and click-click-click from the starter.  My Impala was good to go, but boxed in by the SF.  Vehicles were parked in such a way that jumper cables were too short to be of use.  Using an extension cord and battery charger/booster I got her on her way.  The whole time I'm thinking how much faster/easier this might be with a Li-Ion battery pack.
For those that have experience with these I'd appreciate your views about them.  Specific items of interest:
- Real world experience, how capable have you found them to be?  Particularly in temps below 20 F.
- Minimum peak amps and Ah rating to consider.  I'd be using on vehicles up to 6.2L engine size.
- Any brands to stay away from?
- Not interested in USB as only means to recharge, would like to also have ability to charge from cigarette lighter port.  AC charging would be even better.
LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
Great Plains, USA

Comments