Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Day to Remember

Options
I originally put this in the WAYDN thread and a couple of people said it needed it’s own thread, so here it is with a little more back story. 

My wife recently switched jobs from working at a university to becoming a volunteer coordinator with the state veterans nursing home. It has certainly brought more fulfillment to her professional life, being a veteran herself. 

On Veteran’s Day she had come up with a little program were people sent in short videos of people thanking the veterans for their service. I was able to get a few officers to record something in their uniform for the event. Anyway, one of the residents came up to her and asked if the officers really took the time to do that. He further stated that his son was a police officer and had been killed while on duty. She told me about it and told me his name. I sent her a picture of the man’s son’s plaque that we have for each fallen officer in all of our buildings. He had no idea that we take a particular interest in those that have fallen for our department. My wife asked me what it would take for him to come to a station and see the plaque. After talking with a few people and putting her in contact with them we had a plan. My wife was able to contact the man’s daughter and she flew in from out of state. 

Mr. Woolridge was up this morning and waiting to leave at 5:30. They made it to the substation where Mr. Woolridge was met by a pretty large group of officers and shown his son’s plaque and was given a shadow box. He then went over to our academy building where he was able to see his son’s graduating class picture and speak with a current academy (each academy class is dedicated to a fallen officer). He then went to the nearby Police Memorial Park and was able to see the tree that is dedicated to his son. The plan was to take him to his son’s grave sight a few miles away, but being 91 year old Korean War vet he had had enough for the day. 

I am so happy that we were able to give him and his daughter a little piece of mind knowing that their loved one will never be forgotten. 

Las Vegas, NV

Comments