Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Built-In Doors, Drawers, Accessories Brands? - RCS?

Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
edited November 2021 in EggHead Forum
I am in the process if a back yard reno, and part of that is a new outdoor kitchen.  I have been looking at brands and reviews, unfortunately not many local options for hands on quality checks.

Does anyone have any experience with Blaze, BBQGuys, or RCS components?

I think I have settled on Renaissance Cooking Systems (RCS) because I like their look, seem well reviewed, and are made in Houston, Texas.

I am curious if anyone has any feedback on their products.  I am not getting a grill from them, but am looking at a number of drawers, doors, and combo access items.

https://rcsgasgrills.com/
A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• I can't speak of the other brands but we sell Blaze products at our store for outdoor kitchens. I have not had any bad feedback from Blaze. They have quality products. I may be able to get you a better price than online. If you find any Blaze stuff you like, shoot me a DM and I'll see what I can do.
    BGE Dealer and EggHead since 2013. Find our company on Facebook
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • I have a grill, doors and three cabinet drawer in my outdoor kitchen from RCS. It’s held up really well. I don’t use the gas grill much anymore since I have a kamado Joe, blackstone and a pellet smoker but it’s still in great shape. The only thing that needs attention after 15 years is the heat deflectors over the burners. They need to be replaced. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    I can't speak of the other brands but we sell Blaze products at our store for outdoor kitchens. I have not had any bad feedback from Blaze. They have quality products. I may be able to get you a better price than online. If you find any Blaze stuff you like, shoot me a DM and I'll see what I can do.
    Thank you for the offer.  I will look closer at the Blaze products.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Have Blaze 3 burner pro series gasser, Blaze pro single burner and a Blaze fridge….zero complaints 5 years in. Needed new burners for the pit, sent overnight. Customer service is great.
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    I did these for a friend
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Tspud1 said:
    I did these for a friend
    Brother, if you were closer, I wouldn't even be asking the question.  I still use the lid you built for my Blackstone.
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 said:
    I did these for a friend
    Brother, if you were closer, I wouldn't even be asking the question.  I still use the lid you built for my Blackstone.

Most of these are sections that we use on our tables. They just built a stick frame, put these in and rocked the exterior over a hardy board. The top is stained concrete.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Tspud1 said:
    Tspud1 said:
    I did these for a friend

Most of these are sections that we use on our tables. They just built a stick frame, put these in and rocked the exterior over a hardy board. The top is stained concrete.
    My kitchen is all masonry.  It is making things a bit more complicated for sizing, placement, and spacing.  Not as flexible as a wood or metal frame.
  • Tspud1
    Post a pic when its done, always like to see what other can do.

• These cabinet and draw combos are from BBQ Guys. They’ve been out in the elements for about a year and I have no complaints. 
    XL BGE
    Malden, MA
  • jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    I have bbq guys rcs doors etc.  Blaze 40 inch 5 burner with a Sear burner and rotisserie gasser.  DCS side burner.  Love it.  No complaints.  Put shut offs to each unit.  Used angle iron for support under granite

Columbus, Ohio
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Tom Hanks Forrest Gump GIF - TomHanks ForrestGump Wave - Discover
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    🖐

Many of the house brand BBQ island accessories you see online (e.g. at BBQGuys) are made by Pacific Coast Manufacturing, which is also the parent company of Blaze grills. I’m using their access doors and dual trash bin in a BBQ island I’m building, and was able to source them at a local BBQ retailer at a great price.

https://pcmbbq.com/

"Semper ubi sub ubi"

San Diego, CA

• I prefer the RCS doors, they have recessed handles vs the Blaze full handles.  When looking at outdoor refrigerator the RCS Carrie’s a 5 year warranty vs most others have 1 year.
    Southeast Louisiana
    3 Larges, Rockin W Smokers Gravity Fed Unit, KBQ, Shirley Fabrication 24 x 36, Teppanyaki Stainless Griddle