Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Aldi Market Prices

Fellow Eggheads .... Just got back from Aldi Supermarket.  Pork Butt $3.49/lb, Baby Backs $4.49/lb,  premade burgers $4.19/lb
LG BGE,  Weber Genesis gas, Weber 22" Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Hansm said:
    Fellow Eggheads .... Just got back from Aldi Supermarket.  Pork Butt $3.49/lb, Baby Backs $4.49/lb,  premade burgers $4.19/lb
    Inflation doesnt exist so dont even try it
  • Lit said:
    Hansm said:
    1.) Inflation is global. Biden is not causing inflation the world over. 

2.) inflation coming out of the pandemic was predicted by the (wait for it) Trump administration

3.) after every pandemic (including the black death, and every pandemic of the roman period), there has been appreciable inflation

4.) almost two decades of delayed inflation due to suppressed interest rates. Gotta pay the piper

5.) if you can’t afford it, get a better job. 

6.) when presented with inflation, raise your hourly rates

7.) when suffering recession, raise your hourly rates

8.) if you are an employee, and have to beg for a raise, that sounds like a ‘you’ problem

do you ignore history, or just are ignorant of history?

after years of listening to redhatted nitwits, i no longer nod politely when i hear some dropout spout some “i did my own research” foolishness. 

I point and laugh. At this point, it’s ok to laugh at the stupid people. 

• Hansm
    Hansm Posts: 214
    I can afford to buy anything I want, just choose to look for a deal.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    PigBeanUs said:
    Lit said:
    Hansm said:
    1.) Inflation is global. Biden is not causing inflation the world over. 

2.) inflation coming out of the pandemic was predicted by the (wait for it) Trump administration

3.) after every pandemic (including the black death, and every pandemic of the roman period), there has been appreciable inflation

4.) almost two decades of delayed inflation due to suppressed interest rates. Gotta pay the piper

5.) if you can’t afford it, get a better job. 

6.) when presented with inflation, raise your hourly rates

7.) when suffering recession, raise your hourly rates

8.) if you are an employee, and have to beg for a raise, that sounds like a ‘you’ problem

do you ignore history, or just are ignorant of history?

after years of listening to redhatted nitwits, i no longer nod politely when i hear some dropout spout some “i did my own research” foolishness. 

I point and laugh. At this point, it’s ok to laugh at the stupid people. 

Yes we are laughing at you
  • Hansm said:
    I can afford to buy anything I want, just choose to look for a deal.
    A good approach when you want to keep being able to afford anything you want ;)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,676
    Sams in my area has bone-in pork butts for $1.63/lb - about pre-pandemic pricing. 
  • HighHeat
    HighHeat Posts: 218
    And Aldi is especially appealing for a man named Hans
    Memphis, TN
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Aldi has frozen Butterball turkeys for $0.87.  Double glazed, spiral sliced ham $2.15.  Whole duck with orange glaze $2.69. 

Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    edited November 2021
    Aldi is a poverty tier grocery store that  suckers people in thinking they are saving. 
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • Hansm
    Hansm Posts: 214
    Oh great, another turd ....
  • Hansm said:
    If there were only a common denominator between all these threads…
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • GregW
    FATC1TY said:
    Aldi is a poverty tier grocery store that  suckers people in thinking they are saving. 
    I don't know so much about that. Back when eggs were under a dollar a dozen there- hard to argue that about the cost savings compared to Publix.
  • GregW
    Hansm said:
    If there were only a common denominator between all these threads…
    There is a common denominator at work here, it's called stirring the pot.
  • I hit up Aldi and Lidl for the deals regularly…
    Green Eggin' in South Carolina
    Go Gamecocks!!!
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    edited November 2021
    GregW said:
    FATC1TY said:
    I don't know so much about that. Back when eggs were under a dollar a dozen there- hard to argue that about the cost savings compared to Publix.
    Publix is a far cry from expensive. I laugh when I hear people talking about going to multiple different grocery stores and end up saving $5-10 bucks. Mind you the time and effort for all of that nonsense. 

Reminds of of people running out of fuel trying to justify the cheaper place to fuel up, but cause all this extra work when they run out of gas on the side of the road to save 1.75 a tank. 

Most the stuff at Aldi is prepacked garbage, and the meats are junk. People seem to get used to it I guess, so to each their own. 
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    FATC1TY said:

Most the stuff at Aldi is prepacked garbage, and the meats are junk. People seem to get used to it I guess, so to each their own. 
     You just described most grocery stores. 

Aldi has great chocolate, BTW. Their Moser Roth brand beats almost every grocery store around here. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    FATC1TY said:
    GregW said:
    FATC1TY said:
    Publix is a far cry from expensive. I laugh when I hear people talking about going to multiple different grocery stores and end up saving $5-10 bucks. Mind you the time and effort for all of that nonsense. 

Reminds of of people running out of fuel trying to justify the cheaper place to fuel up, but cause all this extra work when they run out of gas on the side of the road to save 1.75 a tank. 

You do realize a good portion of items sold through Aldi is just rebranded goods that you would find from larger chain stores right?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GregW
    FATC1TY said:
    GregW said:
    FATC1TY said:

I believe Publix is a solid 20% higher than other stores in my area, I'm not saying they are not worth the extra money. It's up to each individual to determine what's the best use of their money and time.