Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kamado Joe Struggle

Options

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    That nickname was given to me years ago, much like the one given to you @litisadouche
    I remember now. You used to fill your mouth with ice cubes and let your boyfriend assassinate it. An Alaskan Assassin 
    That would make him the assassin genius. Your shots weak bro, go hang out with bbq salesman and pick up some more pointers so you have something to talk about.
    It was actually the owner and your boyfriend said your shot is weak
    There is no time limit to internet shvt talking, take your time and see if you can come up with something witty, or peace out whatever comes first.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    That nickname was given to me years ago, much like the one given to you @litisadouche
    I remember now. You used to fill your mouth with ice cubes and let your boyfriend assassinate it. An Alaskan Assassin 
    That would make him the assassin genius. Your shots weak bro, go hang out with bbq salesman and pick up some more pointers so you have something to talk about.
    There is no time limit to internet shvt talking, take your time and see if you can come up with something witty, or peace out whatever comes first.
    Probably should have taken your time choosing that handle
  • Lit
    Options
    @Lit do yourself a solid, bro, and lay-off the homoerotic imagery.  It’s not a good move, it smells of desperation or longing.  One of those.
    True. Most likely farm animals with him
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    So you think getting a BJ from another man makes him a genius? 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Did you have a lot of sisters growing up? 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Im gonna call myself Alaskan Assassin that sounds super badass. Like, super badass. 
  • Hansm
    Hansm Posts: 214
    Options
    I had a Traeger for about 6 months or so, liked it for a month or so. I was a little miffed that I dropped a lot of cash for it. I looked long and wise at both the BGE and Kamado Joe. A lot of folks on the Traeger forum bought BGE 2 or 3x to that of Joes. IMHO, the Joes seems to have less sturdy nests and metal parts. The ceramic is not up to snuff and accessories are not as great as the BGE. Prices seem to be comparable. The Joes are still a good product, but BGE is a great product. I have a LG BGE,  I am sold on them for ever.
    LG BGE,  Weber Genesis gas, Weber 22" Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Do sheep noises turn you on? 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Im gonna call myself Alaskan Assassin that sounds super badass. Like, super badass. 
    It’s like arguing with a fifth grader I’m out you win I know you are but what am I I got nothing I will literally feel dumber talking to you
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    It’s like arguing with a fifth grader I’m out you win I know you are but what am I I got nothing I will literally feel dumber talking to you
    Dont you feel embarrassed when you look at your handle? I would have beat someones ass if they tried to give me that nickname.
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    I owned both KJ and BGE XL.  I'm agreeing with Jonathan 100%.  Would pick the KJ if I were buying my first Kamado. 

It's getting harder to find BGE local dealers to take care of warranty's, and KJ just ship's the part to your house in a few days.  That's a whole lot less hassle, as I have had to replace ceramics on both thru the years.
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    I bet you got that nickname cause youre a baad man. Baa baa baad to the sheep
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I did not put lot of thought into my handle. Honestly I think the first time I logged in I was just trying to get an answer to a question much like the op, But I quickly realized but this is an awesome community with a diverse group of outstanding people from all walks of life and I thought it would be cool to be a part of that. 

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Terpderpitude
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Dont you feel embarrassed when you look at your handle? I would have beat someones ass if they tried to give me that nickname.
    I bet this sort of stuff, arguing with some guy you’ve never met before on an anonymous bbq forum, is exactly what your parents thought you’d grow up to do when you were born and they named you… Preston Chandler?
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    I bet this sort of stuff, arguing with some guy you’ve never met before on an anonymous bbq forum, is exactly what your parents thought you’d grow up to do when you were born and they named you… Preston Chandler?
    Thats a great name. Mich better than a girls name Carry.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    As an XL owner, I’d stick with KJ. I’ve spent way too much on getting what KJ gives out the box. Therefore the cost is similar if not favorable to the KJ. Baby bro has a classic Joe, he loves it. If he upgraded to the big Joe, I’d be hard pressed not to buy his classic
  • Lit
    Options

Engineering manager over 100 mill a year project mist be pretty bad.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I’m embarrassed for arguing with a dolt.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    dolt
    dōlt

noun

1. A stupid person; a dunce.
    2. A dull, stupid fellow; a blockhead; a numskull.
    3. A heavy, stupid fellow; a blockhead; a numskull; an ignoramus; a dunce; a dullard.
    4. stupidperson; a blockhead or dullard.
    5. a person who is not very bright

intransitive verb

1. To behave foolishly.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Have you ever knocked someone down and they keep coming back for more,  and you’re like cmon man stay down. That’s what we have here
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Lit
    Options
    Have you ever knocked someone down and they keep coming back for more,  and you’re like cmon man stay down. That’s what we have here
    You used the word dolt. You are at the bottom
  • Lit
    Options
    Im embarrassed for arguing with a special person.
  • Mr1egg
    Mr1egg Posts: 367
    Options
    I have a bge and decided to go bigger, almost bought an xl or a big joe. Ended up buying a primo xl and haven’t regretted a thing. By far the best shape and design. Think about it, imagine a regular bbq which is circular in shape, stupid right? 

Primo will be up and coming in the near future with all the other kamados following suit I believe. 
  • Lit
    Options
    You made my day with this. Have never been called
    a dolt before. Makes you sound so pathetic.
  • BenfordSlaw
    Options
    I'M NOT PATHETIC YOUR PATHETIC!!!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Mr1egg said:
    I have a bge and decided to go bigger, almost bought an xl or a big joe. Ended up buying a primo xl and haven’t regretted a thing. By far the best shape and design. Think about it, imagine a regular bbq which is circular in shape, stupid right? 

Primo will be up and coming in the near future with all the other kamados following suit I believe. 
    I've cooked on a primo before.  I was very impressed.  huge capacity.

PS - ignore the idiot here yelling into the void of no-one-gives-A-F

Lit said:

Engineering manager over 100 mill a year project mist be pretty bad.
    It can't be all that hard based on your apparent intellect and the fact you've spent most of today on this site in a pissing match.  Are your fellow coworkers monkeys?
  • Lit
    Options
    I'M NOT PATHETIC YOUR PATHETIC!!!
    Cant you read? Im a dolt
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    I had two kamado joes, and the ceramic did not "seem" to be the same quality as BGE, I eventually sold both of them.  This video of how primos are made helped illustrate the cheapness of lesser quality kamados such as vision and kamado joe compared to primo and bge.

https://youtu.be/mxjh43Pyr0s?t=321

Head to 5:21 if you want to see what happens when you refire all 4 of the grills according to primos specifications when they are made.
    Great video, thanks for sharing.    My good buddy has the Primo and swears by it, I swear by my BGE.    Glad to see they both passed the QA/QC test.
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas