Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Does your evening prep/cook routine change with the arrival of Standard time? (x AZ and HI)

I adjust to the earlier arrival of darkness with more lighting but still generally plan for grocery consumption in the 7-8 PM (EST) hour (as has been the case for many years).  Others? 
Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!

Comments

• SGHSGH Posts: 28,473
    Brother Cap, nothing really changes for me as far as doing things. With that said I prefer this time 100 to 1 over the other time. I just seem to feel better. Always preferred standard time. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRPRRP Posts: 24,894
    edited November 2021
    No, not really. The only time I notice any change is like tonight that cocktail hour seemingly started an hour later…but I guess that was OK as it started an hour earlier this Spring! 

Some things in life kinda balance out don’t they? 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 27,114
    @RRP- I get it but if timing by daylight, you can grab an extra hour now!   :)
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
  • RRPRRP Posts: 24,894
    lousubcap said:
    @RRP- I get it but if timing by daylight, you can grab an extra hour now!   :)
    I hear you, but I worked my butt off this afternoon blowing leaves and mowing my grass down short! Also picked up and burnt a bunch of sticks 

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 30,090
    i hate the clock change, it will be dark around 4 pm when im locking up and heading home. makes it easy to just skip dinner
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 14,831
    i hate the clock change, it will be dark around 4 pm when im locking up and heading home. makes it easy to just skip dinner
    Me too. Just leave it at DST year round. As for a routine schedule, I have none. More often than not, I eat dinner after dark even in mid summer.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

as for an extra hour of sleep, i was up at 3 this morning instead of 4
    fukahwee maine

• Had pendant lights installed over my grills in late spring while new landscape lighting was being installed.   I’m finally getting to use them!
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • I was harvesting organic beans last night so I was shut down a hour early and got to eat dinner.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

"It’s very possible I’m doing it all wrong, haven’t watched any videos, but I’m happy with the ones I make."
      - @Legume

• YnoYno Posts: 489
    I don't understand the controversy. Some like Daylight, some like Standard. I say compromise. Next spring we move our clocks ahead 1/2 hour. Everybody will be happy!. Yeah, right, everybody will be pissed. This country can't compromise on anything.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
    Yno said:
    I don't understand the controversy. Some like Daylight, some like Standard. I say compromise. Next spring we move our clocks ahead 1/2 hour. Everybody will be happy!. Yeah, right, everybody will be pissed. This country can't compromise on anything.

i would be good with moving it forward 3 hours in the spring and all of the nfl played at 1pm eastern standard on sundays
    fukahwee maine

• HansmHansm Posts: 214
    Nope, just turn on out side light 
    LG BGE,  Weber Genesis gas, Weber 22" Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
  • Biggest change for me is I try to choke my chicken before dinner instead of after.  
    California
  • Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 15,132
    edited November 2021
    Nope, daylight savings time does not impact when I eat dinner or breakfast.  It does impact my meeting times with clients though.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

Proud and vocal Vegan.  I don't see why an animal should lose their life, just so you can have a snack.

In a country such as this, where there are fruits, grains, and nuts in abundance, how can one think that he must eat the flesh of dead animals?
  • BotchBotch Posts: 13,397

There are no known cave paintings, worldwide, of anyone with a salad.  

Ogden, Utard  
  • Let there be light!

XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • LitLit Posts: 9,053
    No the kids are always hungry.