Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nice shout out RRP!

Options
Just saw FOGO charcoal install one of you Rutland gaskets on their BGE. 👍https://youtu.be/fN7uFolFxuM

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,766
    Options
    Great tutorial!
    Ron may have to hire some help  =)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • TMCCGator
    Options
    I ordered the gasket from Ron years ago and kept putting off the install. After watching this video I took the plunge and replaced an un-identifiable gasket that had seen it’s better days.  Thanks Ron and thanks FOGO!
    Large BGE
    Port Orange, FL
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I’m sure you did a better job than I did.  This was right after installation.  Wilma and I did it and at the time I think I said it looked like two monkeys fighting over a banana did the job.  I was in severe back pain at the time. That was four years ago and it’s still ugly, but is functional.

Flint, Michigan
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,928
    Options
    I’m sure you did a better job than I did.  This was right after installation.  Wilma and I did it and at the time I think I said it looked like two monkeys fighting over a banana did the job.  I was in severe back pain at the time. That was four years ago and it’s still ugly, but is functional.

LOL - that monkey description or a variation of it has stuck in my warped mind for years, 

While this picture of what I call a very sloppy, way over applied Permatex application I bet by now the subsequent cooks have colored that orange quite dark now haven’t they?

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Yes.  It’s camouflaged very well.  I can still see the crappy job, but the casual observer would not.  Or perhaps they were too polite to say anything?
    Flint, Michigan
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    That's what it looks like when a try to caulk anything.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Pretty sure that’s about how it would look were I to try and put one of these things on my Egg, Fred, lol.

What I noticed actually was the grate on the bottom.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen that one before.  What is it?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    That’s an XL standard equipment grate.  A Kick Ash Basket replaced it a while back.
    Flint, Michigan
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    That’s an XL standard equipment grate.  A Kick Ash Basket replaced it a while back.
    Thanks.  Realizing now that I just wasn't seeing it properly.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    One of those cases where less is more.

RRP is da man fosho!
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,802
    Options
    RRP is da man fosho!
    He is definitely one of the good ones for sure 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SGH said:
    RRP is da man fosho!
    He is definitely one of the good ones ultra-filthy rich ones for sure 👍
    FTFY