Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ketchup on pizza??????

Options

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Thank you, Phil McCracken.
    Flint, Michigan
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
      From ketchup on pizza to people jamming candy corn up their ass.  

If you are jamming, slow down. Should only be a gentle insertion, really. 
    Yeah, thanks for the pro-tip.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
      From ketchup on pizza to people jamming candy corn up their ass.  

If you are jamming, slow down. Should only be a gentle insertion, really. 
    Yeah, thanks for the pro-tip.
    (*groan*)

Options
    Suddenly, the old cartoon phrase “I am the Great Cornholio” takes on a deeper meaning.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Options
    It actually always meant that
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @dbCooper I love a chicken bacon ranch when done right.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options

End qoute.

It can be done right, but chicken doesn't generally belong on pizza (or chilli).
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    RyanStl said:

End qoute.

It can be done right, but chicken doesn't generally belong on pizza (or chilli).
    I beg to differ with you there, good sir.  A BBQ chicken pizza can be excellent. We also make one with pesto, chicken, and tomatoes that I like.  As for chili, there is a white chicken chili recipe that's amazing.   

Don't let some silly notion of what should and shouldn't be in this or that stop you from enjoying an excellent meal.  That kind of mindset is for aristocrats and oligarchs and whatnot.  
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Hot wing pizza… hot sauce for base, fried chicken topped with mozzarella blended with blue cheese damnit boy.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    chicken stir fried in a cup of ketchup, some garlic and cayenne might work on a pizza

Ketchup Chicken

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RyanStl
    Options
    RyanStl said:

End qoute.

I beg to differ with you there, good sir.  A BBQ chicken pizza can be excellent. We also make one with pesto, chicken, and tomatoes that I like.  As for chili, there is a white chicken chili recipe that's amazing.   

Don't let some silly notion of what should and shouldn't be in this or that stop you from enjoying an excellent meal.  That kind of mindset is for aristocrats and oligarchs and whatnot.  
    You mean white chicken soup right?  Would you actually call it a chilli?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    RyanStl said:
    RyanStl said:

End qoute.

You mean white chicken soup right?  Would you actually call it a chilli?
    It’s not just what I call it.  It’s what other people call it:

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a57946/easy-white-chicken-chili-recipe/
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    Good old boys in pickup trucks fighting over chili ingredients is one of  the saddest “real man” clichés ever. 

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Can’t we agree there’s room for all kinds of chili in this world?  If folks want to call a dish “chili” and you personally disagree that it’s truly “chili”, that’s alright, right?  Live and let live, eh?

However, we shouldn’t ignore that 97% of scientists agree ketchup has no business being on pizza.  The science is settled and the debate is over.

Flint, Michigan
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Except at Pizza Hut where cardboard with ketchup is always served.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,306
    Options
    45 years ago in my area it was common to squirt French dressing on pizza. Not something that I favored. Tonight at Whataburger in Vidor Tx, the employee dropped off my meal with 4 packs of ketchup. I immediately removed them from my tray and left them on the table. One reason that I like to eat at Whataburger is that they don’t put Satan’s Sauce on an innocent hamburger patty.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    45 years ago in my area it was common to squirt French dressing on pizza. Not something that I favored. Tonight at Whataburger in Vidor Tx, the employee dropped off my meal with 4 packs of ketchup. I immediately removed them from my tray and left them on the table. One reason that I like to eat at Whataburger is that they don’t put Satan’s Sauce on an innocent hamburger patty.
    You could have taken those back home with you and sold them on eBay for a pretty penny. Whataburger ketchup is gold to some people.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,306
    Options
    You could have taken those back home with you and sold them on eBay for a pretty penny. Whataburger ketchup is gold to some people.
    What’s that saying about someone and their money are soon parted? Anyhow the kid was just to lazy to carry the condiments tray. I would have taken 2 picante or verde and one napkin.
  • RyanStl
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Can’t we agree there’s room for all kinds of chili in this world?  If folks want to call a dish “chili” and you personally disagree that it’s truly “chili”, that’s alright, right?  Live and let live, eh?

However, we shouldn’t ignore that 97% of scientists agree ketchup has no business being on pizza.  The science is settled and the debate is over.

I'm just mad that my wife's aunt won my own chilli cook off about 10 yrs ago with white chicken soup.  This was after the previous two years her grandma won because all of her aunts and uncles voted for it because it's what they grew up with. It wasn't that great.
  • PigBeanUs
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Yes. I too have personal vendettas against certain types of food because of the vote rigging that took place a decade ago at a family reunion bake-off. 

For me it is open faced apple pies without lattice work. Communist apple pie, I call it. 

Grandma won a contest with an open faced apple pie, while my camera-ready lattice was voted down by a cabal of second cousins who organized against me. 

But guess what? Gramma dead. She don’t bake no pies no more. Serves her right. 

I’ve won ever year since. I still only get a handful of votes, but I’m the only one who enters. So. Victor by default. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:

Grandma won a contest with an open faced apple pie, while my camera-ready lattice was voted down by a cabal of second cousins who organized against me. 

But guess what? Gramma dead. She don’t bake no pies no more. Serves her right. 

wild
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    As Sun Tzu famously said: “If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your grandmas will float by.”
    Options
    RRP said:
    Frequently people go nuts when they hear that some folks like ketchup on their hot dogs. 
    I have never really understood that myself. If someone likes ketchup/catsup on a hotdog that’s their preference. It’s kind of like the bean vs no bean chili to me. Eat what you like and F what anyone else thinks. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    And for the record, candy corn and ketchup on pizza kicks azz 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RyanStl
    Options
    As Sun Tzu famously said: “If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your grandmas will float by.”
    I don't know why, but this made me laugh.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,310
    edited October 2021
    Options
    When we first moved to our new area, we perused the menu of a local pizza place. Saw an incredible looking pizza featuring honey garlic sauce rather than tomato. I was all in, but wifey disagreed. When she called the place to place the order, she asked the pie man for recommendations on pizza. Despite featuring like 40 different pie varieties, he recommended the one with honey garlic sauce. It has now become our favourite. 

Edit: Sorry… just now realizing I’m terribly off topic in discussing pizza topings, now that the focus of the thread seems to be the insertion of sugary treats into bodily cavities. Apologies. 
  • Hansm
    Hansm Posts: 214
    Options
    Nooooooo ......
    LG BGE,  Weber Genesis gas, Weber 22" Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
  • iudex
    iudex Posts: 79
    Options
    So uhm, what on earth is this candy corn you guys are talking about?
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
     Despite featuring like 40 different pie varieties, he recommended the one with honey garlic sauce. It has now become our favourite. 
    Actually I would try that sauce, but honestly 40 varieties? 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.