Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: If you live in New England

Here is what Jeff Foxworthy has to say about New Englanders...
Forget Rednecks .... If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you live in New England . If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you live in New England. If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you live in New England.
If Vacation means going anywhere south of New York City for the weekend, you live in New England . If you measure distance in hours, you live in New England . If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you live in New England .
If you have switched from 'heat' to 'A/C' in the same day and back again, you live in New England . If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England . If you install security lights on your house and garage but leave both unlocked, you live in New England.
If you carry jumpers in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you live in New England . If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, you live in New England .
If the speed limit on the highway is 55 mph you're going 80 and everybody is passing you, you live in New England . If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you live in New England .
If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction, you live in New England . If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England . If you find 10 degrees 'a little chilly', you live in New England .
If there's a Dunkin Donuts on every corner, you live in New England . If you think everyone else has a funny accent, you live in New England .
If you actually understand these jokes, and forward them to all your New England friends, you live or have lived in New England.
aka marysvilleksegghead
Lrg 2008
mini 2009
XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
Henny Youngman:
I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    That is quite an accurate summary.
    Paging @JohnInCarolina and @fishlessman at a minimum.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • womaus
    womaus Posts: 256
    I apologize in advance for myself, Adam Sandler and all of the people of Worcester Massachusetts.

This may get me banned from this forum forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXyFy3d8QeI

• A lot of that rings true to me, although I will say what I find funny is the notion that it’s always super cold there.  You get all four seasons in much of NE.

I grew up in NH and certainly experienced cold, especially on the ski slopes. One time I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to unlock the car because my hands were nearly frozen solid.  

But I never really knew what actual cold was until I walked the streets of Chicago on New Year’s Eve.  And then there is Minnesota, where my brother lives.  F that.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    womaus said:
    I apologize in advance for myself, Adam Sandler and all of the people of Worcester Massachusetts.

This may get me banned from this forum forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXyFy3d8QeI

I didn't even have to click to know what track you dropped on this thread.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
     And then there is Minnesota, where my brother lives.  F that.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • If you want to get the real NE/Mass sense of humor, forget about Foxworthy or Sandler.  Just listen to any of Bill Burr's sets.  

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    I grew up just south of Seattle, but married a NH girl and have spent most of my adult life from 1982 - present day in New England. There was a 3 1/2 year stint in Saratoga and 9 months in Kings Bay (way too long). 

I can say that most of what was said above is true, with the exception of how cold it gets. As John said, Chicago in January is no bueno. Also spent a couple weeks in MPLS in November, wouldn’t want to be there in the middle of winter. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Coming from Minnesota, I could relate to almost all of those except the driving speed. There's always someone driving 55 in the left lane here, it seems.
    Stillwater, MN
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Chicago is only THAT cold in the Winter since it SUCKS! 

At least the rate of random, senseless murders do go down as those idiot clowns can’t stand the cold when they have to roll down their windows to shoot at people! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    A lot of that rings true to me, although I will say what I find funny is the notion that it’s always super cold there.  You get all four seasons in much of NE.

I grew up in NH and certainly experienced cold, especially on the ski slopes. One time I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to unlock the car because my hands were nearly frozen solid.  

But I never really knew what actual cold was until I walked the streets of Chicago on New Year’s Eve.  And then there is Minnesota, where my brother lives.  F that.

couple years ago we had 3 weeks straight of minus 20 plus at the camp, got frostbite on a finger touching the key bezel starting the truck, but ive never seen cold like that last more than a day or two.  didnt see many jokes there other than ive not been south of boston let alone nyc in maybe 15 years. that truck was a convertible rag top, didnt have ac in a vehicle until a few years ago. new truck is climate controlled so not sure ac even comes on =) he missed one, to go north (think boston) you go south first, going west in maine you usually head east first, and down east is up north. east side of cambridge is cold as a beeahtch in the winter with the wind coming off the harbor
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • That ain’t frost bite.  My cousin walked home from bus stop without a hat and almost lost his ears. That’s frost bite.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    That ain’t frost bite.  My cousin walked home from bus stop without a hat and almost lost his ears. That’s frost bite.

didnt say it was bad, but when it gets cold it does still hurt.  few years back some bostonians decided to hike mt washington coming up on winter, one died, the other lost both hands. the one with no hands said on the news that he would attempt it again.....well he was wearing gloves, not mittens....no need for mittens now ;) idiots. if its minus 15 and windy i dont fish nowadays and im dressed for it.
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    That ain’t frost bite.  My cousin walked home from bus stop without a hat and almost lost his ears. That’s frost bite.

didnt say it was bad, but when it gets cold it does still hurt.  few years back some bostonians decided to hike mt washington coming up on winter, one died, the other lost both hands. the one with no hands said on the news that he would attempt it again.....well he was wearing gloves, not mittens....no need for mittens now ;) idiots. if its minus 15 and windy i dont fish nowadays and im dressed for it.
    "Stumpy" can just sew his parka sleeves shut and try again.  Will be interesting if he still wants to try when he's just a torso with a head.

Took the cog train. Much recommended 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    Replace « Dunkin Donuts » with « Tim Hortons » and that would be Canada 😂🤣

did you get on one of the coal fired ones or the newer gas jobs, we used to change out the old rivets on the original model. i think they still run one of those in the morning first trip up. have only been to the top once and it was a bit foggy, you could lose the crowd taking three steps, a clear day (which are few) boston shows up clear as a bell. from the camp in maine you can see the ravine side well, its been covered in snow for about a month
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    Tonight 8 PM (EDT) ESPN- Red Sox vs Yankees AL Wild Card game.  Gonna be a great New England atmosphere. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    lousubcap said:
    Tonight 8 PM (EDT) ESPN- Red Sox vs Yankees AL Wild Card game.  Gonna be a great New England atmosphere. 

new englanders are born yankee haters. this is going to be a tough one, always is
    fukahwee maine

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    lousubcap said:
    Too bad our Blue Jays didn’t make it. Still a great season considering they had to play all home games away from home till July 30 😩
    canuckland
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    edited October 2021
    lousubcap said:
    I'll be watching, but only wish there was a way both could lose. Edit: forced to choose, I'd begrudgingly lean Red Sox.

Stillwater, MN
  • That ain’t frost bite.  My cousin walked home from bus stop without a hat and almost lost his ears. That’s frost bite.

did you get on one of the coal fired ones or the newer gas jobs, we used to change out the old rivets on the original model. i think they still run one of those in the morning first trip up. have only been to the top once and it was a bit foggy, you could lose the crowd taking three steps, a clear day (which are few) boston shows up clear as a bell. from the camp in maine you can see the ravine side well, its been covered in snow for about a month
    Took the gasser, it was spendy but the coal train was big bucks. Got mooned by hikers on the Appalachian trail, it was fun.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Beautiful country up there, reminds me a bit of Alaska.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman

Took the gasser, it was spendy but the coal train was big bucks. Got mooned by hikers on the Appalachian trail, it was fun.

dont moon a nh state trooper at 3am, they dont see the humor in it, well they dont see humor anyways. for some reason ive never hiked washington, been up to the top on pretty much every mountain around it
    fukahwee maine

• Beautiful country up there, reminds me a bit of Alaska.
    No glaciers though, obviously.  
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Beautiful country up there, reminds me a bit of Alaska.
    No glaciers though, obviously.  
    Just in the hearts and minds of the natives.

Yeah they aren’t really mountains either. I wou drive back to White mountain National park tomorrow given the chance. Campgrounds were awesome
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
     Yeah they aren’t really mountains either. 
    They’re mountains, for sure. 

They aren’t as tall as yours because they are twice as old. 

Typical young buck, Alaska, thumping his chest when he’s got half the experience.  

• As a Red Sox fan, fewer things give me more pleasure than watching Aaron fahkin Boone explain a costly coaching mistake.