Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053

John and Nola after all their post a couple months ago about no inflation. You guys sure do know what you are talking about. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Lit said:

John and Nola after all their post a couple months ago about no inflation. You guys sure do know what you are talking about. 
    Listen up, idiot-person.

There's always inflation, 2% is a target for a healthy economy.

Here are some observations, and I'm guessing you have been conditioned to think the way you do because you watch and read partisan news:  Republican president, you don't **** about inflation, deflation, anything that can be remotely connected to him.  Republican president, free money is called tax cuts, democrat president it's called free money. 

When prices were driven up through tariffs by Trump, something republicans would normally be squealin' like stabbed pigs about, nothing.  Silence. 

We have had a world-wide pandemic.  There are supply shortages everywhere impacting just about every sector of the US and world economies.  Also, people have been sitting at home, not spending money on travel, gas, etc.  This has resulted in people sitting on a lot of cash.   Supply disruptions and extra cash = inflation.

You notably didn't b!tch about the massive corporate tax cut, which dumped an insane amount of cash into corporations (purpose to increase capitol spending and jobs).  Economists universally said companies are profit oriented and they'll just buy back stocks.  That's what happened.  Durp!  Who saw that coming?  (everyone). 

Please stop your man-crush on me and John, you man-robot simpleton hack.

@Lit ain't wrong. This is today at Costco. I was here 2 weeks ago and these were their normal $3.49 a pound that they've always been. What happened in the last 2 weeks to justify a 50% price increase?

in 20 years of egging ive not seen a whole brisket that cheap nor even a prime brisket at the local markets.
    Just try buying brisket in Canada. Even the worst cuts are prohibitively expensive. You can forget about getting anything within the realm of a prime equivalent here. 

Edit: …But on the plus side, beaver brisket is dirt cheap. 

Curious, why is beef so expensive in Canada?

I think it has to do with the fact that Joe Biden is Canadian.   
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Lit said:

Listen up, idiot-person.

Here are some observations, and I'm guessing you have been conditioned to think the way you do because you watch and read partisan news:  Republican president, you don't **** about inflation, deflation, anything that can be remotely connected to him.  Republican president, free money is called tax cuts, democrat president it's called free money. 

When prices were driven up through tariffs by Trump, something republicans would normally be squealin' like stabbed pigs about, nothing.  Silence. 

We have had a world-wide pandemic.  There are supply shortages everywhere impacting just about every sector of the US and world economies.  Also, people have been sitting at home, not spending money on travel, gas, etc.  This has resulted in people sitting on a lot of cash.   Supply disruptions and extra cash = inflation.

You notably didn't b!tch about the massive corporate tax cut, which dumped an insane amount of cash into corporations (purpose to increase capitol spending and jobs).  Economists universally said companies are profit oriented and they'll just buy back stocks.  That's what happened.  Durp!  Who saw that coming?  (everyone). 

Prices never went up from the last administration. This one has cause crazy inflation in less than a year. Blame it on supply chains but costcos brisket cooler is full and they have doubled in price. Every store has baby backs in stock yet they are double the price. Your argument is silly. Remember when Trump was president and the shelves were empty for some things but prices never went up much? 
  • nolaegghead
    Let's freak out on market blips!!!

Lit said:
    Lit said:

Listen up, idiot-person.

Prices never went up from the last administration. This one has cause crazy inflation in less than a year. Blame it on supply chains but costcos brisket cooler is full and they have doubled in price. Every store has baby backs in stock yet they are double the price. Your argument is silly. Remember when Trump was president and the shelves were empty for some things but prices never went up much? 
    No.  I remember prices going up on things then down then up regardless of who's president because it doesn't f*ckin matter, you buffoon.

Also, when Trump was president I didn't make correlations between prices and his presidency, except when they were disrupted through his trade war. 

Go buy some beef and tell me its only up under 10% from last year. You are smoking rock.
  • nolaegghead
    Lit said:

Go buy some beef and tell me its only up under 10% from last year. You are smoking rock.
    I'm smoking ROCK-WOOD, MUTHAFUCKAH!!!

edited September 2021
    Lit said:

Listen up, idiot-person.

I’m not sure how one person could be so wrong..

Carey, ride over and I can have our Quant guys explain it better for you..
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• nolaegghead
    billt01 said:
    Lit said:

Listen up, idiot-person.

IQ Bell Curve You Are Herequot Greeting Card by TheShirtYurt  Redbubble
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    billt01 said:
    Lit said:

Listen up, idiot-person.

IQ Bell Curve You Are Herequot Greeting Card by TheShirtYurt  Redbubble

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• billt01 said:
    Lit said:

Listen up, idiot-person.

Are your quant guys the same ones who told you that heart disease is contagious and that you can catch it at the Mickey D’s drive through?  Because I think I’d also like to meet them.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    edited September 2021
    Lit said:

I don’t recall ever saying there was no inflation, but then you have a penchant for remembering lots of things that nobody ever said.  You’re like a child who poops in his own bathtub and suddenly thinks he has lots of new toys to play with.  

Once again you have succeeded in being the most boring person on this forum.  Well done.  As fun as this has all been (not much), I am guessing everyone else here has seen and heard enough.  Start an inflation thread if you really want to keep talking about this stuff.  You can even focus it on the price of brisket if you want to try and keep it Egg related.  In the meantime I’m done talking about it here and will just plan on ignoring your sorry excuses for responses from now on and hope this thread can get back to things that matter, like the latest and greatest purchases people have made.  I’m sorry you’re suddenly poor and can’t partake.  Good luck to you.
  • nolaegghead
    Got a CNC router kit in the mail yesterday, started assembling it last night.  Cheap, from Amazon Warehouse Deals.  Part of my quest to learn stuff in order to make cool sh!t.
    nolaegghead said:
    You notably didn't b!tch about the massive corporate tax cut, which dumped an insane amount of cash into corporations (purpose to increase capitol spending and jobs).  Economists universally said companies are profit oriented and they'll just buy back stocks.  That's what happened.  
    Not entirely just stock buy-backs; a few of them used the money to launch giant dicks into Space (one of them aboard a rocket that looked like one, too).  Trickle-Down Economics just didn't work (except, possibly, on the last space flight, when the on-board toilet malfunctioned).   

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Now how do I fit the BGEXL?  Egg trailer? 
  • nolaegghead
    You just need the correct vehicle....

IMG_4685800x600jpg

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    edited September 2021
    @JohnInCarolina I don’t recall which thread you were posting in with regards to dish washers but Fwiw we went with a Bosch. a con for us is that it takes a bit more time
    to load and organize, possibly the layout is designed for more cleaning efficiency but you simply can’t put as many dishes in as you could a older design.  
     A pro is that it doesn’t have a heater element so the lids to my Nalgene bottles don’t get melted or other plastics dangling below the rack. 
     It is so quiet you will open the door when it’s running and take one to the face.
    Thanks man.  We actually had a Bosch at our old house and loved it.  You just can’t get them right now, at least not for like 6-8 months, because of the chip shortage issue.
    Well, I knew my dishwasher was on the way out after 12+ years so I’ve started looking for options a while ago and the ones that looked like good candidates were constantly out of stock.  The rope that holds the door up gave up its last breath last week and almost broke a tile on the floor when it fell (a dishwasher door is surprisingly heavy).  The towel that was attached to the door handle saved the floor!  The drain hose connector cracked when I pulled out the dishwasher and another piece did not look good… Next day, the top of the line model in the 800 series was shown as available with a 1 day only discount on the Costco site.  I didn’t think twice, ordered it right away, and received it a couple if days later.  We looked locally in appliance stores and they all had over 6 months wait time so ordering online was a good move plus it was 500$ cheaper than purchasing in store and Costco extends the manufacturer’s warranty for a year.  It was a breeze to install. The model we got comes with a drying option called CrystalDry which is basically a chamber filled with minerals where the humid air is circulated and gets dried out by a chemical reaction which results in warmer dry air.  I wasn’t convinced at first because of negative reviews related to bad drying for Bosch dishwashers but I have to say that I am amazed at how dry everything comes out.  With my previous dishwasher (LG), I had to dry out everything.  With the Bosch, even plastic comes out bone dry!  This is easily saving me 15 minutes of work with big loads.

^^^Yeah I hate wiping down after big loads too…wait…we are talking about dishes right?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    Was originally thinking to go with big orange to match the side by side, but this one may get the swing vote..

Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Broadway tickets.  Glad we can be back to travel and experiences as birthday/xmas presents rather than trying to find things we don't really need to take up space we don't really have.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Let's freak out on market blips!!!

So we can blame the packers??
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602

Aren’t the packing houses the ones that took the brunt of the Covid impact?  Seems right.  It was creeping up before that, but the big jumps are 2020 and 2021.  Or does Hunter Biden have any secret deals with meat packers?  We should examine his laptop.
  • Let's freak out on market blips!!!

• nolaegghead

Obama?