Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pumpkinata – happy autumn

swapped in pumpkin ale for water and added some pumpkin pie spice to a base farinata di ceci, following the initial bake I removed it to a grid for the addition of goat cheese, fresh rosemary and pineapple head/butter roasted pumpkin then a final bake.

batter into a screaming hot cast iron pan with a good bit of olive oil, to get a nice fry on the exterior

the ale affected the final texture, guessing it was the sugar, didn't get the usual crispiness but still good

about another 5 minutues to melt things together a bit

topped off with a peanut/date crusted chocolate tart

doing a lot of yard work, fall cleanup, several bonfires lately, really enjoying autumn

pumpkin Sam & some salted peanuts, another great combination. 

happy in the hut
West Chester Pennsylvania

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited September 2021
    I'm not sure there are even words for this but damn does that look good!!!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Good grief😳👏👏👏👏👏
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    An amazing cook!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
     I'm not a fan of the whole pumpkin spice business, but everything else in that looks delicious! The chocolate tart looks lovely, too. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Always fun to see the Zippylip in action! Happy Fall brother.
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    great looking dish. sam adams has the best pumpkin beer this year from the ones ive tried
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Wow……
    Nothing else needed.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • 55Kevy
    55Kevy Posts: 234
    I think I gained 5 pounds just looking at the photos!

Kevin

Beautiful Santa Ynez Valley, CA
    XL BGE, Woo2, AR

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Always fun to see the Zippylip in action! Happy Fall brother.
    you too mang, hope all is well - was a bummer not hanging at New Holland this year
    great looking dish. sam adams has the best pumpkin beer this year from the ones ive tried

I grab a 6 pack of pumpkin ale every year, usually whatever I see first.  Have had Sam a few times, this was a particularly excellent one this year, two managed to survive the cook & feast on Saturday so I’ll enjoy then this coming weekend

happy in the hut
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I'm was never really a fan of pumpkin spice, but my tastes have changed  this past year with the sobriety.  Looks fantastic. Nice seeing you pop back on the forum.   BTW, the "Off Topic" threads are no longer included in the default "all" list.  (not mentioning this because I think this is OT, just so you can join the fray).
    I'm was never really a fan of pumpkin spice, but my tastes have changed  this past year with the sobriety.  Looks fantastic. Nice seeing you pop back on the forum.   BTW, the "Off Topic" threads are no longer included in the default "all" list.  (not mentioning this because I think this is OT, just so you can join the fray).
    I'm not really crazy pumpkin spice guy either but I do like doing something with it once a year, probably more out of tradition than anything.  THanks for the heads up on OT but those things had to join liquor & most meat in the rear view mirror a goodly long time ago, health & sanity...

happy in the hut
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    My hats off to you on the use of punkin. Some awesome pictures…..rock on. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • I just kept scrolling and this post just kept getting better.  Bravo!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Fantastic fall cook, Zippy! 
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Very creative - as usual! Especially love the chocolate!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Very creative - as usual! Especially love the chocolate!
    Michael, here’s the confession, that’s a no-bake vegan chocolate mousse in there.  I’d have never thought something like that would work but a few years ago my girlfriend presented dessert one night & after I gobbled it down & raved about it she explained it was homemade vegan mousse :|.  Now I eat mostly plants anyway but this one took me by surprise.  She’s made it probably a dozen times since, this was my first shot at it.  Equal parts of silken tofu & melted dark chocolate (vegan or regular, I can’t tell the difference in this dish), then add maple syrup, lemon juice, & salt.  Dump it all into the blender & let it rip, add milk (any kind, cashew in this case) a bit at a time until it’s moving nicely and blend until you like the way it looks.  Pour it into individual cups, a pie shell or whatever else you can think of and refrigerate until it firms back up, this one was overnight.  The store was out of silken tofu when I made this so I used the regular stuff, I'd say the flavor was the same but the texture was firmer and it had more graininess, so I'd definitely try to get the other stuff next time.

happy in the hut