Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 38,505
    i see low class people everywhere help me - Scared Bekett  Meme Generator

• CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 8,576
    It must be Friday
    canuckland
  • LitLit Posts: 9,053
    Legume said:
    Lit said:
    crocodile tears crocodile tears everywhere - X X Everywhere  Meme  Generator
    Its all them poors that voted democrat realizing they got
    taken once again.
    That must be it.

Why have meat prices gone up relative to the election?
    Inflation. Where have you been prices on everything have gone crazy. Gave out $1600 extra when people didnt need it then added this child tax credit on top of that after. Giving out lots of free money causes inflation.

True I forgot to mention raising the minimum wage to a crazy amount that didnt help
    either. 
    Its funny i remember you specifically saying that a higher minimum wage wouldnt affect prices. Not the smartest person huh?
    Lit said:
    True I forgot to mention raising the minimum wage to a crazy amount that didnt help
    either. 
    Lit said:
    Its funny i remember you specifically saying that a higher minimum wage wouldnt affect prices. Not the smartest person huh?
    Regurgitating simpleton political talking points makes you the idiot, not me.

• ColbyLangColbyLang Posts: 1,588
    Got SWMBO some birthday gifts
    Nice haul. Have the middle one in my knife roll
    The top blue handled one is for me...it's a cheap VG-10 damascus style, only $38.  But so far it feels and looks like a $150 knife.  We shall see.  The other two are ordinary 6" Shun chef knives.

We had a special edition 6" Shun chef knife (we got highly discounted, I think JIC has the same one) that we loved but it disappeared a few months back.  Can't find it and we've searched.

My clamp meter fried the other day so ordered a replacement.  I liked this one because all the variety in probes.

And it does DC current!

• "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Ruining the forum, one post at a time.  

Living large in the 919
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 24,631
    Don't I wish!!! =)
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
    edited September 25

Why are you posting memes of 18 yr olds? Kinda weird
  • Lit said:

I’m sure lots of things seem weird when you’re making six figures and suddenly have to choose between buying another Costco brisket and maintaining your supply of Preparation H.
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

Living large in the 919
    Lit said:

I’m sure lots of things seem weird when you’re making six figures and suddenly have to choose between buying another Costco brisket and maintaining your supply of Preparation H.
    Huh?
    Derrrp?! ^

• "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

Living large in the 919
    edited September 25

Youre just not funny meme man
  • SonVoltSonVolt Posts: 3,041
    edited September 25
    I follow a few Argentinian chefs on Instagram and suddenly they've started promoting this Argentinian line of Kamados. They look pretty sharp - great colors, lots of stainless.  Getting a warranty replacement is probably a nightmare though. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CQMymGoF8TO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 11,826
    They look like vision kamados that have been dressed up a little.  I’ll bet there is a relationship there.

I do not have any broken or spare parts for any size egg.
  • EoinEoin Posts: 4,003
    Lit said:

I really do feel bad for all the poors that bought into that democratic garbage. They cant even afford to eat anymore.
    Lit said:

True I forgot to mention raising the minimum wage to a crazy amount that didnt help either. 
    OK, so you feel bad for the poors because of inflation, but say the inflation is due to giving the poors more money via a higher minimum wage. Sounds like low wage people might actually be better off now if their spending power is driving prices up.
    Eoin said:
    Lit said:

I really do feel bad for all the poors that bought into that democratic garbage. They cant even afford to eat anymore.
    Lit said:

True I forgot to mention raising the minimum wage to a crazy amount that didnt help either. 
    OK, so you feel bad for the poors because of inflation, but say the inflation is due to giving the poors more money via a higher minimum wage. Sounds like low wage people might actually be better off now if their spending power is driving prices up.
    They didnt just give poor people money it went to couples with under $150k a year AGI so once you add back in 401k contributions, healthcare, and the $24k standard deduction couples making over $200k a year were still eligible. Also the previous administration saw that the economy wasnt in bad shape and only gave out $600 on their last free money giveaway and Biden came in and immediately gave people another $1400 per adult and I forget what it was per child and doubled our child tax credit next year and are now giving out $300 per child under 6 and $250 per child over 6 per month for 6 months. If the money had just gone to people struggling it wouldnt have been an issue.
    Was running low so got a half cord. Price of wood is crazy gonna throw a 2nd stack along this side of the house so I have a cooking wood pile and a pine/poplar pile for fire pit nights. Can get this much pine/poplar for $90 and hardwood is $180 now. Thats not even delivered I had to pick up and load and unload. Anybody know why things got so expensive?
  • TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,347
    edited September 25
    @Lit ain't wrong. This is today at Costco. I was here 2 weeks ago and these were their normal $3.49 a pound that they've always been. What happened in the last 2 weeks to justify a 50% price increase?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• @Lit ain't wrong. This is today at Costco. I was here 2 weeks ago and these were their normal $3.49 a pound that they've always been. What happened in the last 2 weeks to justify a 50% price increase?

It’s obviously the result of Biden giving money to people who don’t need it.  It’s only just hitting now for some reason.
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

Living large in the 919