Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon Last Night

Options
dbCooper
dbCooper Posts: 2,081
Picked up a cryo pack from Sam's Club yesterday.  Seasoned with "Magic Salmon Seasoning" (don't ask, just believe)...

Cooked indirect around 240' with Pecan chunks until the albumin starts oozing, about 25 min for these...

Then coated with thinned Raspberry Creamed Honey.  Subjectively speaking, this on salmon has aphrodisiac qualities (ask, don't just believe)...

Bumped temp up to about 300' for 10 min or so, then pulled...

Served with Collard Greens sauteed in butter, Butternut Squash sauteed in butter and a packaged Asian Salad mix...

It was all good!
LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
Great Plains, USA

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,343
    Options
    Cook looks great and in keeping with the below "Then coated with thinned Raspberry Creamed Honey.  Subjectively speaking, this on salmon has aphrodisiac qualities (ask, don't just believe)..." I am asking... =) 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dbCooper
    edited September 2021
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Cook looks great and in keeping with the below "Then coated with thinned Raspberry Creamed Honey.  Subjectively speaking, this on salmon has aphrodisiac qualities (ask, don't just believe)..." I am asking... =) 

I did not word that correctly, meant it to mean discuss with your dinner partner, at the appropriate time, definitely not that evening.  My subjective results are probably 50/50, which I'll gladly take!   :)

Great Plains, USA
  • TideEggHead
    Options
    Looks like you scratched the seafood itch, great looking plate there!
    LBGE
    AL
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Looks great!

ps - hope it resulted in a happy ending....
    Options
    Nicely done!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • wps456
    Options
    That looks really good plus we’re a huge fan of the Magic seasonings! I actually got to meet Paul when I lived in NOLA. We get the sashimi grade Atlantic salmon from Sam’s a lot, what’s the difference between it and the sockeye? I use a maple syrup- soy recipe and grill on cedar planks at 400 and it gets devoured...probably my kids favorite meal.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited September 2021
    Options
    The farmed salmon has twice the fat.  Tastes different.

Edit: 3x fat
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe.  Where do I find the thinned rasberry creamed honey.  Or a how to?  Looks amaizing 
    Columbus, Ohio
  • dbCooper
    Options
    The honey comes from a producer that sells at a farmers market in my area.  This guy: https://www.buzzsbees.net/  I bet you can find similar in your area.
    If using as a glaze I thin it by heating slightly.

Great Plains, USA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Looks tasty!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.