Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    WeberWho said:
    I unfortunately didn't get a picture but I saw this rolling up to a stop light yesterday. Early 30's Rolls Royce Phantom II Shooting Brake. 

It was rolling art. 
    I didn't know such a thing existed.  Woodie, indeed!   B)

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Botch said:
    WeberWho said:
    I unfortunately didn't get a picture but I saw this rolling up to a stop light yesterday. Early 30's Rolls Royce Phantom II Shooting Brake. 

It was rolling art. 
    I didn't know such a thing existed.  Woodie, indeed!   B)
    I didn't either. I was taking a right at the intersection onto the on ramp to the highway otherwise I would have turned around to see if I could get a little longer view of it. I'm glad I could see the front end of it when it was coming around the off ramp. No mistaking that front end Rolls Royce. I may have thought it was a Ford if I was stuck behind it. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    edited September 2021
    Local highschool senior drives this.  It is his daily.  Poor kid has nothing to ever strive for.

Please tell me this is a joke.  
    Honestly, I wish it were a joke.  I am not known for being serious, but this time I am.

lousubcap said:
    Local highschool senior drives this.  It is his daily.  Poor kid has nothing to ever strive for.

That is taking "living in the land of high rollers" to a new level.
    I'm sure there are fringe benefits to that ride unless he is truly a spoiled kid.  
    Not sure what fringe benefits there would be.  Maybe the dad made a bet and the kid won, or the kid is an entrepreneur.  It boggles my mind and makes me question my life choices though.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @Ozzie_Isaac At the risk of more than the obvious, surely there are some who would like to challenge the confined space of the seating never mind playing on leather  B)  Even the low-end of those rides is north of S275-280,000.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho

Honestly, I wish it were a joke.  I am not known for being serious, but this time I am.

lousubcap said:

I'm sure there are fringe benefits to that ride unless he is truly a spoiled kid.  
    Not sure what fringe benefits there would be.  Maybe the dad made a bet and the kid won, or the kid is an entrepreneur.  It boggles my mind and makes me question my life choices though.
    It's really stupid giving a high school kid keys to a Ferrari. If we are looking for a silver lining, it might be one of the few cars that is worth more after he's done driving it. How many of us can say that within a year or two after graduating? Most of our cars were worth maybe scrap value when we were done with them. I remember hearing someone mention that a used 458 is worth almost 100k more than it was 9-12 months ago.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    WeberWho said:

lousubcap said:

It's really stupid giving a high school kid keys to a Ferrari. If we are looking for a silver lining, it might be one of the few cars that is worth more after he's done driving it. How many of us can say that within a year or two after graduating? Most of our cars were worth maybe scrap value when we were done with them. I remember hearing someone mention that a used 458 is worth almost 100k more than it was 9-12 months ago.
    A brief spell of madness due to short supply and people 'having' to have a particular set of wheels. I bought Anne her 124 Spider in July, they are now selling +30%. It won't last, I never make money on cars.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    How un-egalitarian for a kid to have been, presumably, given a Ferrari.  Dad was probably thinking about something too small to have sex in.  Or the opposite. 
    How un-egalitarian for a kid to have been, presumably, given a Ferrari.  Dad was probably thinking about something too small to have sex in.  Or the opposite. 
    I would.glady give up sex for a 488.  If I had one in highschool, I wouldn't have had time for sex. I would have driven the wheels off that thing 
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I went to HS with a kid that drove high end Porsche’s and other brands up through college. 35 years later I would bet he still hasn’t really had a job.  His dad hit it big, it wasn’t old money.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602

Sweet homemade Subaru Brat converted from an outback.

Not sure I would trust that rollbar, among other things.
  • Local highschool senior drives this.  It is his daily.  Poor kid has nothing to ever strive for.

Well, all I can say is that some folks clearly have more money than sense.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    Not an exotic, even by my Steam/Tractor standards, but interesting due to the "Student Driver" sticker above the license plate.  It sounded healthy and was being driven that way.  Once the light turned green I was planning get some particulars on the driver.  Unfortunately my Impala SS could not catch them.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • WeberWho
    dbCooper said:
    Not an exotic, even by my Steam/Tractor standards, but interesting due to the "Student Driver" sticker above the license plate.  It sounded healthy and was being driven that way.  Once the light turned green I was planning get some particulars on the driver.  Unfortunately my Impala SS could not catch them.

It reminds me of this video below. It's a much watch for any car enthusiast. First to get a ticket challenge. 

https://youtu.be/c-g4MWsTaZE

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    A local Chevy dealer here in MN does a tribute "Chevy Cheyenne Big 10" package on their new Silverados. Basically a wrap and powder coated white wheels I'd assume. Still kind of a cool tribute to the trucks past. A really crappy picture but you get the idea. 

Minnesota
  • How un-egalitarian for a kid to have been, presumably, given a Ferrari.  Dad was probably thinking about something too small to have sex in.  Or the opposite. 
    I would.glady give up sex for a 488.  If I had one in highschool, I wouldn't have had time for sex. I would have driven the wheels off that thing 
    Say this out loud at home, your wife may take you shopping.
  • lousubcap
    edited September 2021
    Would that it would have taken a 488 for SWMBO to have fulfilled her idea of the fantasy!!  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    WeberWho said:
    A local Chevy dealer here in MN does a tribute "Chevy Cheyenne Big 10" package on their new Silverados. Basically a wrap and powder coated white wheels I'd assume. Still kind of a cool tribute to the trucks past. A really crappy picture but you get the idea. 

That is awesome!!  I could totally get into that.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Just a Jetta, but the window sticker made me do a double take.

• WeberWho
    edited September 2021
    Just a Jetta, but the window sticker made me do a double take.

If he/she has been rear-ended 5 times prior, I'm not sure I'd put a sticker in the back of my window that was a sentence long to read. I have a feeling this person might see a 6th with that sticker being that long and taking the time to read it. What a way to keep someone distracted from your taillights!  :o

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    What's that even mean?  5% of 10 years is half a year.

I see an "X" not a "%". But, if you gotta look that close, you're gonna get hit again, I think.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • nolaegghead
    Langner91 said:

I see an "X" not a "%". But, if you gotta look that close, you're gonna get hit again, I think.
    Upon zooming in, I see it. 

• This morning a local douchey real estate agent felt he didn't need to wait in the line to drop his kids off at school in his fancypants white Ferrari so he skipped ahead of about 40 cars and pulled in right behind me at the front cutting another guy off. Sorry no pics but I think it was a 458 like this one

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lousubcap
    MasterC said:
    In 1920  five hundred dollars would buy you a brand new model T

Went touring with my friend in his 101 year old automobile 
    Now that is an impressive ride.  Must have been a great time.  
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,359
    edited September 2021
    My arm is still sore from waving and I my face is stretched out from smiling 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    MasterC said:
    In 1920  five hundred dollars would buy you a brand new model T

Went touring with my friend in his 101 year old automobile 
    Very cool.
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    kl8ton said:
    WeberWho said:
    That's a wrap.

That's not a wrap. Volkswagen Golf Harlequin.  Less than 300 total were made.

There’s one in my area, I can’t get the guy to sell it for the life of me.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Mom and dad have this hanging up in their garage. 1931 Alpha Romero. 

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL