Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Buy some popcorn… help a Cub Scout out… and Operation BBQ Relief, too.

Options
Signed @caliprince up for Cub Scouts this year. I figured it was a good program for longitudinal learning and development, He’s excited about archery, and camping. I’m excited about doing these things with him, and him not looking at a screen for entertainment. 

Which brings us to fundraising. Popcorn style.

Here’s the pitch… click the link below. Peruse the offerings. If you buy some popcorn, I’ll match your purchase, dollar for dollar, with a contribution to OBR. Or, with a contribution to any organisation of your choice. 

caliprince is doing his bit, by pitching to his aunts, our neighbors, and anyone else he can roll a wagon up to, into buying some popcorn. 

http://trails-end.com/store/scout/QGAN8E7Y/preview?share=SX8MAU93

PS- if people get pisssed off enough, I may consider making T-shirts, or sending out firewires. No Mangrates. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    @caliking - He!! I recall those days of yesteryear when my son (now 30) pounded the neighborhood selling the popcorn.  Turns out he was quite successful.  I addition to your generous offer to Operation BBQ relief (which I fully endorse and support) there used to be some decent awards for those who brought in the big $$.  
    I'm guessing the challenges in the Houston area are much larger than he faced.
    I am assuming (hate that word) that the above link is a direct shot to him and his pack.  I went down this road with Girl Scout cookies earlier this year as the pandemic precluded face-to-face point of sales.  
    Gotta give them credit for the price point and the free shipping carrot.  Just beyond reach "without one more buy!"  
    I am in-just need to decide what I will use for Xmas presents.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @caliking - He!! I recall those days of yesteryear when my son (now 30) pounded the neighborhood selling the popcorn.  Turns out he was quite successful.  I addition to your generous offer to Operation BBQ relief (which I fully endorse and support) there used to be some decent awards for those who brought in the big $$.  
    I'm guessing the challenges in the Houston area are much larger than he faced.
    I am assuming (hate that word) that the above link is a direct shot to him and his pack.  I went down this road with Girl Scout cookies earlier this year as the pandemic precluded face-to-face point of sales.  
    Gotta give them credit for the price point and the free shipping carrot.  Just beyond reach "without one more buy!"  
    I am in-just need to decide what I will use for Xmas presents.   B)
    To be honest, I'm not sure how the awards for sales $$ work. We were told the price of each item is ~1/3rd cost of the item, ~1/3rd goes to the scouts program, ~1/3rd goes to his pack. 

The easy option would be for me to just write a check for $200, and not worry about selling any popcorn at all. But, what fun would that be?

caliprince attended his first eggfest at Salado,  when he was 3 months old. caliqueen got his shots done early, so she'd feel better about him being there. Yes, I'm playing the little violins, but, for more than one good cause. 

My nephew is an Eagle Scout. caliprince may make it that far. Even if he doesn't, I hope scouting will be a fruitful endeavour for him. 

• lousubcap
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Order in and all good!
    Edit: for anyone else, be aware that the pop-up buying suggestions are ever present.  Won't suck your wallet dry like this site but they are making a push  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    Options
    @lousubcap - Thank you, sir.

Please let me know if you would like my matched contribution to go to an organization other than OBR. If not, I'll send it out to OBR in the morning.  

• lousubcap
    Options
    To eliminate any concerns- OBR for the win.  PM sent.  
  • caliking
    Options
    piney said:
    can I just send my little buddy a donation and they keep the popcorn

That can be arranged. I'll still match with a contribution to OBR. 

I'll PM you.

• caliking
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    To eliminate any concerns- OBR for the win.  PM sent.  
    Done.

• PeteSliver
    Options
    What’s wrong with Mangrates?
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Done! Please tell Sruti and Prince we said hello.

Lenoir, N.C.
  • caliking
    Options
    piney said:
    Done! Please tell Sruti and Prince we said hello.

Will do!

I pm'ed you the receipt of my match to OBR.

Thanks, again.

• caliking
    Options
    caliking said:
    Forgot the pic of an earnest scout, trying to make some $$ for his pack. 

He’s getting big, man.  Pretty soon he’ll be towering over his old man and asking “how was the poop today, Pop?”
    He sure is. 

Funny that you should mention that. He already knows the Bristol Stool Scale  (no... I'm not kidding).

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Good Looking Scout!! Enjoy as I've been our popcorn kernel for the last several years. Crazy times but a great learning opportunity for young people.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    caliking said:
    caliking said:
    Forgot the pic of an earnest scout, trying to make some $$ for his pack. 

He’s getting big, man.  Pretty soon he’ll be towering over his old man and asking “how was the poop today, Pop?”
    He sure is. 

Funny that you should mention that. He already knows the Bristol Stool Scale  (no... I'm not kidding).
    When, eventually, he starts dating, will finding a Type 4 match be a prerequisite to compatibility?  (or is that not the ideal type?)

Options
    nolaegghead said:
    When, eventually, he starts dating, will finding a Type 4 match be a prerequisite to compatibility?  (or is that not the ideal type?)

Who sez one has to date someone compatible?

• caliking
    Options
    Good Looking Scout!! Enjoy as I've been our popcorn kernel for the last several years. Crazy times but a great learning opportunity for young people.

Thanks. He's excited about it, as am I. 

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    caliking said:
    nolaegghead said:

Ha Ha!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Ash, order complete, PM inbound.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    caliking said:
    nolaegghead said:

You're right.  Most compatible person in the world might just have colitis.

I used to think the Beatles lyrics: "girl with kaleidoscope eyes"

was         

"girl with colitis goes by"

Devastating to learn I was wrong.

Options
    Has it been that long? Good looking young man. 
    How old and out of touch am I? Thought the uniforms (when i wore them) were brown. Like the color. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• caliking
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Ash, order complete, PM inbound.
    Thanks, Mike. I sent in my matching contribution, as you requested. 

• caliking
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Has it been that long? Good looking young man. 
    How old and out of touch am I? Thought the uniforms (when i wore them) were brown. Like the color. 
    Right? Takes after his old man. Obviously =)

I Cub Scouts wear blue, and then tan/brown uniforms when they are older Boy Scouts. Not sure. I'm new to all this. 

• caliking
    Options
    caliking said:
    nolaegghead said:

You're right.  Most compatible person in the world might just have colitis.

I used to think the Beatles lyrics: "girl with kaleidoscope eyes"

was         

"girl with colitis goes by"

Devastating to learn I was wrong.

I snorted my coffee when I read this. But, yes, it may be funnier to me, than others. 

• caliking
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @piney had asked if there was a way to contribute, without having any popcorn show up at your door. 

I just saw that there are options on the website to donate to Hurricane Ida relief. You can also send popcorn, or other treats, to first responders, military personnel/families, and veterans' organizations. Click the link above, and you can make a selection on that page. 

So, if popcorn isn't your jam, you've got options. 

Thanks, piney, for helping me figure this out. 

• caliking
    Options
    Thomas G - thank you!

Please PM me, if you would like my matching contribution to go to an organization other than OBR. 

caliprince is tickled that eggheads are pitching in :)

• caliking
    Options
    Thanks, @Coastal_OReggON !

A matching donation was made to OBR. Please check your inbox.

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    If Caliprince needs more support tell him Uncle Piney has his back, if not aunt Sandy does.

Lenoir, N.C.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    Got a delivery today.  Note that popcorn is healthier if you chef it!   🙂

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA