Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Short Ribs and ABT's For Two, I Hope!

Options
dbCooper
dbCooper Posts: 2,082
edited August 2021 in Beef
We were to be eating around 6:30, medical deal with Angie's dad drew her away.  It looks to be not serious, expect her home in a couple hours.  These just went in the FTC...
*minus one ABT
LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
Great Plains, USA

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    Solid Work
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    The FTC contents look great.  Hope all turns out well.  Enjoy the follow-on eats.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    I've never seen beef ribs packaged like that but congratulations. Looks good
  • gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Options
    That looks great.
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • PTK125
    PTK125 Posts: 7
    Options
    Great looking combination! I share your challenge for finding plate ribs. I’m in Massachusetts and I’m afraid I will need to order them frozen. Not that that is bad, just something about seeing them in the case. 
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Looks yummy!
    and the seasoning used on/in each?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,082
    Options
    Arthur Bryant's on the ribs.  Reminds me I haven't been there since pre-Covid, and that is too long!  Normally would get some of that 2-3 times a year.  ABT's were just Japs from the garden with Philly Cheese and thick cut bacon.
    Luckily I have multiple stores nearby that carry plate racks.  Issue is with my favorite Farm-to-Table rancher.  She does not currently offer them.
    I do get the attraction of seeing them before purchase.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Great job!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va