Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bourbon

Options
124»

Comments

500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Higher end (for my price range); Elijah Craig Small Batch Barrel Proof A119 is the first of three releases for it this year.  Very good.  1792 Full Proof.  Very good, Blanton's. Mid Range easier to find; Henry McKenna 10 year bottled in bond. Economical but still very good; Very Old Barton 86 and 100, Buffalo Trace, Sazarac Rye (all limited release here in VA), Wild Turkey 101, Evan Williams bottled in bond, Benchmark 8, Ancient Ancient Age (all easy to find).  I used to add mixers to bourbon all the time, but now I mix some, but usually have it with a large format ice cube.  
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    So, after a buddy turned me on to the Whistle Pig Boss Hog, I was with my wife and son at an upscale bar and Philly and saw it on the shelf. So I asked for some.

Bartender:  “... so you know about that whiskey, right?”.

Me:  “Yes, I drink it at a neighbor’s house from time to time.”

Bartender:  “So, you know it’s $200/shot”

Me:  “What do you have for around $30?”

You should have said: “just leave the bottle son”.
    Listen bottle biotch, you fill the glass and I drink it. Got it son. Chop chop!
  • Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    Options
    anybody here gotten into anything good lately?  I am currently working on a bottle of Elijah Craig and Evan Williams 7 year.  Trying to find some Weller but cant get hands on it. 
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Scored a bottle of EH Taylor Single Barrel and their Small Batch.  But both were purchased well out of the state as you can't find much of anything by Buffalo Trace around here, 58 miles from the distillery.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    @Hoster05, I was gifted a 750 ml bottle of Weller Special Reserve Wheated last summer.  I tried it and really liked it.  Just for kicks, I looked up the price and saw it ranging from about $60-$90.  A couple of weeks later I walked into my local liquor store and they had a display up front with a stack of it in 1.5L bottles for $39.99.  I really didn't know what to make of that because I am a relative novice where whiskey is concerned - so I only bought 1 bottle.  I've been kicking myself ever since.  Needless to say, the next time I was in the store they didn't have any more of the big bottles.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    Options
    @foghorn man that sucks, I have hit up the 3 largest liquor stores in town and I have come up empty.  There is a restaurant in town that sells the 12 year by the pour, $12 for one.  We haven't been in there lately due to restrictions but its on the list for sure. 
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    Grabbed a bottle of Blanton's from Costco last week. Whopping $49.99
    And I grabbed a bottle of Smoke Wagon uncut unfiltered

not bourbon but last week I also grabbed ardbeg arrrrrrrdbeg. I love Islay scotches
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    500 said:
    Higher end (for my price range); Elijah Craig Small Batch Barrel Proof A119 is the first of three releases for it this year.  Very good.  1792 Full Proof.  Very good, Blanton's. Mid Range easier to find; Henry McKenna 10 year bottled in bond. Economical but still very good; Very Old Barton 86 and 100, Buffalo Trace, Sazarac Rye (all limited release here in VA), Wild Turkey 101, Evan Williams bottled in bond, Benchmark 8, Ancient Ancient Age (all easy to find).  I used to add mixers to bourbon all the time, but now I mix some, but usually have it with a large format ice cube.  
    That Henry McKenna used to be economical and easy to find, at least for me. Was $35/bottle and everywhere. Then a few years ago it won that award and IF I can find it is $60/bottle. 
    Boom