Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

An Actual Eggtoberfest Update

If you've hidden the last one, I think maybe the one at the top doesn't show up for you.  I can see it but I have to take an usual route for it to appear.  Anyway, here's what was posted to FB today:

I have to say that I was a little surprised by this news.  
"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Saw it on LinkedIn.  Maybe next year.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    I nuked the last one, the new one appears but its not pinned to the top.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,866
    Botch said:
    I nuked the last one, the new one appears but its not pinned to the top.  
    It is for me - that's weird.  
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Message received.  Ok, then.
    I was lucky enough to go to 2018, first one for me. I enjoyed it so much that I'll definitely go to the next one I can, and the next, and ...
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • JohnInCarolina
    We went to one with friends, probably six years ago.  I think it’s definitely worth going to at least once.  Not a bad deal considering you get to try all the food you want onsite and they hand you something like 6-10 drink tickets.  
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Democrats running the venue. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    I always shake my head when I read that some “annual” event won’t be held “this year” but will be next year or such. The same thing happened all over the country during the pandemic in 2020. I realize adding the word “consecutive” in front of annual means the event happens every year without fail.  BUT when the events don’t happen every year why still label them “annual”? Like in this case then the 24th Eggfest will be held next year in 2022, but since it doesn’t really qualify as “annual” anymore why not really call it what it will be? THE 24th Eggfest.  =)

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Just today I saw an "official" banner for the Japan Olympics:
    2020 Japan Olympics
    July, 2021  
    ...and we'll see if that even happens...  :|  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    RRP said:
    I always shake my head when I read that some “annual” event won’t be held “this year” but will be next year or such. The same thing happened all over the country during the pandemic in 2020. I realize adding the word “consecutive” in front of annual means the event happens every year without fail.  BUT when the events don’t happen every year why still label them “annual”? Like in this case then the 24th Eggfest will be held next year in 2022, but since it doesn’t really qualify as “annual” anymore why not really call it what it will be? THE 24th Eggfest.  =)

No clouds in your area to yell at today?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    dmchicago said:
    RRP said:

I mean, he has a valid point.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Democrats running the venue. 
    Naw... It's just business. They don't want to be blamed for/associated with  the deaths of unvaxed idiots on their watch. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    We went to one with friends, probably six years ago.  I think it’s definitely worth going to at least once.  Not a bad deal considering you get to try all the food you want onsite and they hand you something like 6-10 drink tickets.  
    I'd much rather go to Butt Blast, or Brisket Camp. 

Besides, a cup full of slushie is worth about 8 drink tix by itself. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    caliking said:
    I'd much rather go to Butt Blast, or Brisket Camp. 

Besides, a cup full of slushie is worth about 8 drink tix by itself. 
    No argument there my friend.  The free events organized by the miscreants around here are always worth attending.  
  • RRP
    dmchicago said:
    No, I leave that up to you since our joke gov Jelly Bean Pritz is my usual target! At least you have that clown up there plus that mayor thing of yours when you want to scream at stupidity! 
    All  my post was addressing was based on logic. That clear now? 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    RRP said:
    dmchicago said:
    No, I leave that up to you since our joke gov Jelly Bean Pritz is my usual target! At least you have that clown up there plus that mayor thing of yours when you want to scream at stupidity! 
    I don’t live where you think I live. But keep yelling my friend!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • RRP
    dmchicago said:
    RRP said:
    dmchicago said:
    I don’t live where you think I live. But keep yelling my friend!
    touché LOL

Trust me I am sincerely jealous and wish if life’s circumstances had deal me a different hand I would not still be here in IL next week! 
  • JohnInCarolina
    @RRP - the truth is that @dmchicago sits on a throne of lies.  

Or a bidet.

One of those.
  • RRP
    @RRP - the truth is that @dmchicago sits on a throne of lies.  

Or a bidet.

One of those.
    But, John, maybe he was being friendly, but somebody else still saw my post tonight worthy to slam me with yet another troll flag for my being alive, or for my posting on this forum, or for my having not mowed my yard today or something! 
    I’m just a confused 77 year old troll for having posted here these last 20 years! =)