Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boston Butt Rib like Brisket---the best name I could come up with.

Options
GaryDZ
GaryDZ Posts: 23

I had the butcher cut a Boston Butt to make it flat (like a spiral cut) - ended up being a slab of meat about 2” thick, similar to a Brisket.  I had to cut it in half because it was too big for the Egg.  I seasoned it like BBQ Ribs with yellow mustard and generous amount of Touch of Cherry.  I also tried something a friend recommended… I lightly coated the already seasoned meat with a thin coat of crushed Butterfinger candy bar. The bark was AMAZING- thick crunchy dark Bark.  It was not hard/tough, just thick and crunchy.  Not sweet at all. The meat was very moist under the bark.

Smoked it at 230-260F for 5 hours.  It was a blend between rib-meat and a very tender pork tenderloin- with pulled pork flavor. Really amazing. I cut it across the grain about ½ thick to serve.   Everyone liked it-- and there were no leftovers-- which was a suprise--So it was a success.  I will play with the time +/- and hour to see what effect it has.  

Comments