Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another New Ooni Pizza Oven

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    did you order one?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Mickey said:
    did you order one?
    No. I’m happy with the L shaped gas tube in my 1st Gen Ooni 16”.
    And my Kickstarter price was much better than this new model, and it does not come with a gas burner. 
    But I would be interested to know if the temp gauge would work on my original model.
    I probably would only run on propane so the flip door would just get in the way.
    But I’m sure it would make a great camping or tailgate pizza oven.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • scdaf
    scdaf Posts: 176
    A great camping or tailgating pizza oven is the pellet burning Ooni Fyra at just over 1/3 the price.  Amazed at how well it works with no moving parts.  Pizzas in 60-90 seconds.  Tri-tip steak on cast iron, 2 minutes, flipping every 30 seconds.
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    I was waiting for the Karu 16, as I had the Karu 12 already.  A few months back an Ooni Pro 16 popped up on Facebook Marketplace, and I grabbed that instead.  I am glad I got it, its a great oven.  I will wait and see on the reviews for this one tho.  I have to be honest, its not the prettiest looking oven Ive ever seen.  I will wait a year or so for reviews and make a decision between it and the Gozney Dome.  But the dome seems more capable, and is priced accordingly.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I was waiting for the Karu 16, as I had the Karu 12 already.  A few months back an Ooni Pro 16 popped up on Facebook Marketplace, and I grabbed that instead.  I am glad I got it, its a great oven.  I will wait and see on the reviews for this one tho.  I have to be honest, its not the prettiest looking oven Ive ever seen.  I will wait a year or so for reviews and make a decision between it and the Gozney Dome.  But the dome seems more capable, and is priced accordingly.
    Man, you're like I am with tools.  We just stimulate different sectors of the economy.

Not sure I see the point of this one.
    The point is to cook pizza.

My guess is that this will replace the original Ooni Pro 16" in the lineup as that model is the only model left that has the original Uuni "bent metal" aesthetic.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Not sure I see the point of this one.

For $800 the point had better be a bit more than that, chief.
  • scdaf
    For $800, it will cook pizza, bake bread, cook meats and veggies and so much more.  Your egg cost how much?
  • scdaf said:
    For $800, it will cook pizza, bake bread, cook meats and veggies and so much more.  Your egg cost how much?
    Your an idiot.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Terpderpitude said:
    Your an idiot.
    "You're".  But, hey, thanks for playing.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• scdaf
    Your an idiot.
    I just love a well-reasoned, compelling argument.  Consider me defeated...
  • nolaegghead

For $800 the point had better be a bit more than that, chief.
    It's, "chef"...misterTestudo-cles
    Man, you're like I am with tools.  We just stimulate different sectors of the economy.

Oh I’m stimulating the tool economy as well. It’s a dba thing between us. We’re just wired differently than the rest. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    While it will not likely be a key factor that will sway someone to buy one it's kinda neat that the Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana - the group that creates/enforces the rules regarding True Neapolitan Pizza - liked the  new Karu 16 enough that they did this:

"The first and only pizza oven to be ‘Recommended for Domestic Use’ by the Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana, the acclaimed international authority on true Neapolitan pizza."

I wouldn't be surprised of the AVPN adds other makes/models to this category in the future.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• cookingdude555
    It’s still ugly. But it’s growing on me. 
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    It’s still ugly. But it’s growing on me. 
    If I had a dollar for every time I have heard that!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    HeavyG said:
    While it will not likely be a key factor that will sway someone to buy one it's kinda neat that the Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana - the group that creates/enforces the rules regarding True Neapolitan Pizza - liked the  new Karu 16 enough that they did this:

"The first and only pizza oven to be ‘Recommended for Domestic Use’ by the Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana, the acclaimed international authority on true Neapolitan pizza."

I wouldn't be surprised of the AVPN adds other makes/models to this category in the future.

Are you going to buy one?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    HeavyG said:

For what?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • HeavyG

HeavyG said:

No.

• nolaegghead
    If it don't look good in the food pr0n, why would Heavy buy it? 
    HeavyG said:

HeavyG said:

No.

Weren’t you looking at pizza ovens at some point?  Did you ever buy one?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG said:

HeavyG said:

No.

I have a Blackstone pizza oven I bought in 2013 and an Ardore I bought in 2018.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:

HeavyG said:

No.

I have a space shuttle. Show me yours I will show you mine.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• cookingdude555
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:

HeavyG said:

No.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:

HeavyG said:

No.

Cool. No space shuttle here.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Just piling on @HeavyG. Pictures load sideways anyway you probably made the right decision to not get involved.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.