Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Just picked this up. Hoping to make a new friend. 
    I tapped a woodchuck in one of those.  It was burrowing under pole barn. Concrete had cracked as it sank into its network of holes.  Well I just put the cage into a 55 gallon trash can full of water.  Cage stuck out of the top of the can by  about 2 inches.  It was not humane. 
    Had been planning on taking it to a wooded area and letting it go free. 
    Groundhog sent our old dog to the emergency vet twice, nearly putting out her eye once.  I’d definitely lean towards kl8ton’s method.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Mail it to Abu Dhabi.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,663
    Options
    Acn said:
    kl8ton said:

I tapped a woodchuck in one of those.  It was burrowing under pole barn. Concrete had cracked as it sank into its network of holes.  Well I just put the cage into a 55 gallon trash can full of water.  Cage stuck out of the top of the can by  about 2 inches.  It was not humane. 
    Groundhog sent our old dog to the emergency vet twice, nearly putting out her eye once.  I’d definitely lean towards kl8ton’s method.
    What kind of dog? 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Acn said:
    kl8ton said:

What kind of dog? 
    Old

Options
    Acn said:
    kl8ton said:

What kind of dog? 
    We aren’t 100% certain - she was a rescue - but predominantly border collie, with maybe some lab.  Probably around 20” at the shoulder and around 35 lbs. Not a big dog, but certainly not a toy either.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,663
    Options
    A border collie is no slouch, she must be messing with some salty ground hogs!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Acn said:
    Acn said:
    kl8ton said:

What kind of dog? 
    We aren’t 100% certain - she was a rescue - but predominantly border collie, with maybe some lab.  Probably around 20” at the shoulder and around 35 lbs. Not a big dog, but certainly not a toy either.

surprised she went after two after the second beating. my little britt destroys those things in seconds
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    Tired of Chafing Dishes that use Candles, was going to get electric and saw these.....bought 4 sets, will see how they work, has two settings and can parallel up to 5 "My Hot Mat "

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Picking up our new 10 week old Border Terrier pup on Saturday. 

Post pics!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Botch Oh for sure!
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Picking up our new 10 week old Border Terrier pup on Saturday. I bought a Fi GPS collar for when she’s a bit older. 

good diggers, train him to dig brisket holes
    fukahwee maine

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Picking up our new 10 week old Border Terrier pup on Saturday. I bought a Fi GPS collar for when she’s a bit older. 

good diggers, train him to dig brisket holes
    And locate them later.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    MJG said:
    Out with the old and in with the new. Prepping my kit for retirement in 11 more working days!  
    Congrats!  Don't let them try to work you for 10.7 days, as they did for me.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    I attempted to buy a new cargo hitch rack on Marketplace that was listed for $100. I offered $75 and she accepted. It was about an hour drive after work. It lists around $225 new online. I drive 50 minutes and message her that I'm on my way. I get a message back and says her husband said no and can't let it go less than $90. WTF? I ended up passing on it. Just alone on principal. What a complete time suck and still out of a cargo rack that I need in less than 24 hours. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I attempted to buy a new cargo hitch rack on Marketplace that was listed for $100. I offered $75 and she accepted. It was about an hour drive after work. It lists around $225 new online. I drive 50 minutes and message her that I'm on my way. I get a message back and says her husband said no and can't let it go less than $90. WTF? I ended up passing on it. Just alone on principal. What a complete time suck and still out of a cargo rack that I need in less than 24 hours. 

$15, but what’s the true cost of pride or principle here?
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Legume said:
    WeberWho said:

I guess pride saved me $55. One popped up for $35 eight miles from my house two minutes after my post. It needs some TLC. I was hoping not to add to the project list. Too late I guess...... =)

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @WeberWho Those are pretty useful, I used one for butt-blast a couple times when I was camping.  If anything, helps with the packing so you can get to stuff easier.   Got a good deal on a new one.  I just looked at harbor freight and they have three for $50, $63 and $90 (the last being 500# aluminum).  Pretty good reviews.
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Legume said:
    WeberWho said:

I guess pride saved me $55. One popped up for $35 eight miles from my house two minutes after my post. It needs some TLC. I was hoping not to add to the project list. Too late I guess...... =)

Well done.  You always seem to get the deals.
  • WeberWho
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @WeberWho Those are pretty useful, I used one for butt-blast a couple times when I was camping.  If anything, helps with the packing so you can get to stuff easier.   Got a good deal on a new one.  I just looked at harbor freight and they have three for $50, $63 and $90 (the last being 500# aluminum).  Pretty good reviews.
    I ended up borrowing one from a friend last year. It came in really handy. My wife's crossover is more like a hatchback. Not very cargo friendly. The rack held the RTIC 65 and Karubecue. No way would I have been able to get them in her crossover otherwise. 

It's the wrong time to be looking for a used cargo hitch rack with father's day and 4th if July coming up. I emailed on several of them the last couple days and they were all pending pickup. Harbor Freight did cross my mind. I did take a look online to see what they had. I was hoping to snag a heavy duty one online for cheap. The one I picked up this evening is much more heavy than the one I borrowed last year. Which I suppose is positive and negative on how you look at it. I'd be all over the aluminum rack but unfortunately most of them are 4' length and not the more common 5' length. I'm also not the biggest fan of the slat style base on the aluminum racks. I prefer the expanded metal where I don't have to worry about catching a slat when hauling something that has feet. Otherwise without question I'd be all over aluminum. 

If money wasn't a thought I'd be all over the cargo hitch rack that pivots out on an arm that swings away where you can access hatch or tailgate. I remember a couple different times during our last trip where we need something in the hatch but it wasn't operable with the cooler and the KBQ strapped down in front of it. The one and only downfall that I noticed. We just needed to plan a little better and it wouldn't have been an issue. 

Minnesota
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Frustrating. When buying second-hand, I insist on like new condition and settling on price ahead. I also sometimes drive a few hours if the deal is good enough. Sounds similar to your approach. Too bad the seller was a flake. She should have accepted responsibility for the price she committed to and worked it out with her husband. 

Recently, I found a perfect-looking, high end carbon fibre road bike for my wife about an hour and a half away. Rather than ask sellers to subjectively define condition of the item, I always ask objective questions, such as “please describe and document any visible signs of damage or wear, such as scratches or dents.” I did so upon our first exchange. I have several dozen exchanges with the seller, who claims the bike is in excellent condition and provides no indication there is wear. Because I have my doubts about whether she is being truthful, the day before we are set to meet, I send her a message confirming details of the meeting but add text reading “also, I’ll mention that my understanding from your ad and comments is that the bike is in excellent condition with no real signs of visible wear or damage. If I have misunderstood, please let me know.” Only then does she mention a few dings and provide photos. Glad I didn’t make the drive. Decided not to proceed on principle, more so than on the wear itself. 

The classifieds can be a great resource, provided you can weed out the good sellers from the bad. That’s the challenging part. 
  • WeberWho
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Frustrating. When buying second-hand, I insist on like new condition and settling on price ahead. I also sometimes drive a few hours if the deal is good enough. Sounds similar to your approach. Too bad the seller was a flake. She should have accepted responsibility for the price she committed to and worked it out with her husband. 

Recently, I found a perfect-looking, high end carbon fibre road bike for my wife about an hour and a half away. Rather than ask sellers to subjectively define condition of the item, I always ask objective questions, such as “please describe and document any visible signs of damage or wear, such as scratches or dents.” I did so upon our first exchange. I have several dozen exchanges with the seller, who claims the bike is in excellent condition and provides no indication there is wear. Because I have my doubts about whether she is being truthful, the day before we are set to meet, I send her a message confirming details of the meeting but add text reading “also, I’ll mention that my understanding from your ad and comments is that the bike is in excellent condition with no real signs of visible wear or damage. If I have misunderstood, please let me know.” Only then does she mention a few dings and provide photos. Glad I didn’t make the drive. Decided not to proceed on principle, more so than on the wear itself. 

The classifieds can be a great resource, provided you can weed out the good sellers from the bad. That’s the challenging part. 
    Frustrating indeed. Everyone's "excellent condition" varies. Especially when selling second hand. I'm glad to hear they fessed up and saved you the trip. 

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    While everyone appreciates the "like-new" aesthetics of tools, depending on what it is, wear and tear is normal.  And as long as it doesn't impact performance, it's a great way to beat down a price.
    Options
    I ordered the Bafang mid drive kit last night.  upgraded the display/controller and the battery pack.  This will go on my cargo bike, which is a heavy bike that often carries a load and/or pulls a trailer.  Hopefully the 44 tooth chainwheel will suffice....

Options
    Eoin said:
    My workshop fork lift. 3.5 t battery electric Mitsubishi, side shift and a triple mast with 7 m lift height.

Very nice...love the color.   Batteries are great as long as they don't need replacement. 

I used to have a Genie Z30/20 battery lift.  Regret selling it, but it was going to need new batteries.

Genie Z3020HD 30ft Boom Lift - YouTube

We used to hang out over the road, drinking beers, watching cars pass under us.  Good times.

Options
    fukahwee maine

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Eoin said:
    My workshop fork lift. 3.5 t battery electric Mitsubishi, side shift and a triple mast with 7 m lift height.

Very nice...love the color.   Batteries are great as long as they don't need replacement. 

I used to have a Genie Z30/20 battery lift.  Regret selling it, but it was going to need new batteries.

Genie Z3020HD 30ft Boom Lift - YouTube

We used to hang out over the road, drinking beers, watching cars pass under us.  Good times.

New batteries just fitted. Saying that, it was an expensive truck and there's a big shortage of equipment in the market, but it covers what we need to do for now without having to modify the building to install a crane.