Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Removing BGE from table?

KiterTodd
KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
edited June 2021 in EggHead Forum
I did a search on this and found several old posts with varying recommendations.  Also missed some old links so wanted to visit this again.
I'm long overdue for some granite repair on my egg table.  I have to remove the Large BGE to do it.  This was put in place by 3 workers who brought it over.  I can't get it out by myself...  I can lift it up an inch or two, with effort, but can't get purchase to do a straight lift safely.
I found a few suggestions that I wanted to ask about;
1) Disconnect the lid.  I don't have the plastic hinge locking thing and am otherwise scared to detach a perfectly alligned lid and try to get it back on.
2) Stand on the table and lift straight up.  I'm not sure about this but may try it.  Seems like a good way to wreck myself.
3) Somebody sells an egg lifter which I guess is a strap you put around the egg, but I can't find the link.

Open to any advice on this.  Even if there is a strap I can make out of a wide yellow walmart ratchet strap.
THANK YOU in advance for any helpful tips!
LBGE/Maryland

Comments