Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Back Ribs kissed with peach

I did some baby back ribs for Memorial Day using the Car Wash Mike method with a few modifications.  Instead of apple/cherry wood, I used peach chunks.  Instead of spritzing with apple juice, I spritzed with peach nectar.  And when I sauced, I used Sweet Baby Ray combined with peach preserves.  Oh, my goodness were they good.  Just the right amount of sweet peach and heat from the Dizzy Dust.  I’ll definitely be using this method again!

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    That sounds and looks awesome.  I’ll have to give it a try.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• I got a box of peach wood from Fruitawood just for this purpose and for butts.  
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,204
    One of my best rib glaze recipes is nothing but black strap molasses and peach preserves. Purée the two together with a little butter and apply liberally starting an hour or so before the ribs are done. Never not yummy. 
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • Jcl5150
    Jcl5150 Posts: 280
    I got a box of peach wood from Fruitawood just for this purpose and for butts.  
    Fruits wood is from where mine came.  You won’t be disappointed!
  • jsdtx
    jsdtx Posts: 5
    I ran across another sauce that is also good for ribs, Sonny's BBQ sauce out of Florida.  Walmarts in Florida have it in stock.  A nice change from the Sweet Baby Rays.