Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Way to go Amazon . . .Not!

Options
loco_engr
loco_engr Posts: 5,765
What I ordered:
what I got:

At least customer service won't charge me for the bottle and won't accept returns
aka marysvilleksegghead
Lrg 2008
mini 2009
XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
Henny Youngman:
I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Sincerely speaking, as a member of this forum, I can't understand why you would buy that.

I would bet, that you could post one thread, asking how to cure whatever you want, and get more responses than you would know what to do with. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    caliking said:
    Sincerely speaking, as a member of this forum, I can't understand why you would buy that.

I would bet, that you could post one thread, asking how to cure whatever you want, and get more responses than you would know what to do with. 
    Yes Sir !
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @caliking’s valid point aside, I’d be miffed to to order a 390 gram package just to receive less than half that weight. 

The only time I want to see weight less than I expect is when I stand on the scale. 
  • caliking
    Options
    @caliking’s valid point aside, I’d be miffed to to order a 390 gram package just to receive less than half that weight. 

The only time I want to see weight less than I expect is when I stand on the scale. 
    I assume,  that most are aware how easy it is to get in touch with Amazon, when an order has not been to their satisfaction?

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    @DMW might have some experience with this.....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Any company can make a mistake.
    What matters is how they handle and make it right.
    So Amazon made it right by giving you the wrongly shipped  bottle for free.
    This is why I order so much from Amazon. They rarely mess up an order. And have even covered shipping damage instantly in the past. 
    I would definitely say “ Way to go Amazon”. 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Speaking of Amazon...2 weeks ago I accepted the free 1 month trial as I ordered a heavy 100+ pound item and the trial saved me $45 in postage. I intend to cancel the trial before they charge me as a regular subscriber.

We have  a next door neighbor who seems to get Amazon packages 6 days a week so they love it...but that’s not for us!

And here we are trying to figure out if there is anything else that is heavy that we need to order before the trial expires and we can’t think of anything! LOL
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • caliking
    edited May 2021
    Options
    RRP said:
    Speaking of Amazon...2 weeks ago I accepted the free 1 month trial as I ordered a heavy 100+ pound item and the trial saved me $45 in postage. I intend to cancel the trial before they charge me as a regular subscriber.

We have  a next door neighbor who seems to get Amazon packages 6 days a week so they love it...but that’s not for us!

And here we are trying to figure out if there is anything else that is heavy that we need to order before the trial expires and we can’t think of anything! LOL
    Oy vey. 

• RRP
    Options
    caliking said:
    RRP said:

Oy vey. 
    Why do you say that? What did I do wrong? They offered a trial I accepted it, used it and now I’m going to cancel.
    BTW I do order from Amazon nearly once a month, but I never select anything other than free shipping. 
  • caliking
    Options
    RRP said:
    caliking said:
    RRP said:

Oy vey. 
    Why do you say that? What did I do wrong? They offered a trial I accepted it, used it and now I’m going to cancel.
    BTW I do order from Amazon nearly once a month, but I never select anything other than free shipping. 
     FYI - there's no such thing as "free shipping". 

• Photo Egg
    Options
    caliking said:
    RRP said:
    caliking said:
    RRP said:

Oy vey. 
    Ok, but if I buy something from Amazon that costs $95, the same price as another online site that also charges me $14.95 for shipping on top of the $95, Amazon is still a better deal. Not everyone gets deals delivered to them in parking lots…for free! Ha Ha
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    edited May 2021
    Options
    RRP said:

https://www.amazon.com/Standard-Gasket-Adhesive-Large-Kevlar/dp/B004MNW1TE/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Big+green+egg+gasket&qid=1622439856&sr=8-3

Joking Ron, couldn’t resist.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    Options
    Hi Ron
    i enjoy free delivery regularly for small items that would normally need to be included with other things to get to the free shipping threshold required for non prime orders. We also find a fair amount of good programming to stream from Prime. There is also the free photo storage and music if that interests you. I think it’s worth it to me.
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    caliking said:
    RRP said:
    caliking said:
    RRP said:

Oy vey. 
    Ok, but if I buy something from Amazon that costs $95, the same price as another online site that also charges me $14.95 for shipping on top of the $95, Amazon is still a better deal. Not everyone gets deals delivered to them in parking lots…for free! Ha Ha

True.
    However, it's one thing to sign on for a trial offer in genuine interest to try it out and see "if it fits" versus taking advantage of an offer when you know beforehand that you have no intention of continuing as a user after you have "gamed the system".
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• RRP
    Options
    HeavyG said:

"gamed the system".
    LOL - oh, do I feel ashamed - NOT! As I said I order from Amazon on a regular basis, but not enough to justify PRIME membership. Since you might not know Amazon dangles out the FREE TRIAL NO STRINGS ATTACHED offer on a regular basis. And it just so happened this $300 purchase the come on was quite pointed "See Ronald you could save that $44 in freight if you try PRIME for 1 month FREE".

Scold me all you want, but I couldn't feel any shame in what I did!
  • 4TheGrillOfIt
    4TheGrillOfIt Posts: 741
    Options
    I cannot imagine life without Amazon, and I think Prime is about the best 100 bucks a year I spend.  
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Photo Egg said:
    caliking said:
    RRP said:
    caliking said:
    RRP said:

Oy vey. 

True.
    However, it's one thing to sign on for a trial offer in genuine interest to try it out and see "if it fits" versus taking advantage of an offer when you know beforehand that you have no intention of continuing as a user after you have "gamed the system".
    This is probably how many long term memberships started, and then people get hooked. That’s why Amazon offers it.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Keep in mind that most of what you see on Amazon.com, WalMart.com, etc comes from third party retailers.  I've sold tens of thousands of bags of charcoal on Amazon Prime, and none of them have ever been through their warehouse or shipping system by having Seller Fullfilled Prime status.

Or somebody else shipped that for Fulfillment by Amazon and used the wrong ASIN.  I doubt Amazon made that mistake.  Amazon will make it right, and the seller that screwed it up is going to pay them back (automatically and immediately) and they may get their Prime status suspended.  Every time Fedex misses a pickup at my place, it's a nightmare.
  • RRP
    Options
    Keep in mind that most of what you see on Amazon.com, WalMart.com, etc comes from third party retailers.  I've sold tens of thousands of bags of charcoal on Amazon Prime, and none of them have ever been through their warehouse or shipping system by having Seller Fullfilled Prime status.

Or somebody else shipped that for Fulfillment by Amazon and used the wrong ASIN.  I doubt Amazon made that mistake.  Amazon will make it right, and the seller that screwed it up is going to pay them back (automatically and immediately) and they may get their Prime status suspended.  Every time Fedex misses a pickup at my place, it's a nightmare.
    I understand - but this product I purchased was stocked by AMAZON and therefore shipped directly from their warehouse. I looked at some third party items on the AMAZON site but I preferred the features of the one I bought. I guess what I'm saying is "no third party seller" was "damaged" by my use of the trial period!

And just to set the record straight when I order things I choose the free shipping feature which means they claim it won't be shipped for 10 to 21 days     sometimes, but the orders still always come within 4 or 5 days. And I don't consider that "gaming the system" either since they can't charge me for my purchase until it is shipped so the faster out the door the quicker they record their profit!

I'm not knocking people who use PRIME - I just can't PERSONALLY justify even $100 a year.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited May 2021
    Options
    RRP said:

I understand - but this product I purchased was stocked by AMAZON and therefore shipped directly from their warehouse. I looked at some third party items on the AMAZON site but I preferred the features of the one I bought. I guess what I'm saying is "no third party seller" was "damaged" by my use of the trial period!

And just to set the record straight when I order things I choose the free shipping feature which means they claim it won't be shipped for 10 to 21 days     sometimes, but the orders still always come within 4 or 5 days. And I don't consider that "gaming the system" either since they can't charge me for my purchase until it is shipped so the faster out the door the quicker they record their profit!

I'm not knocking people who use PRIME - I just can't PERSONALLY justify even $100 a year.
    Ron, I was replying to the original poster.  Not about the prime trial.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Some additional Amazon/privacy info you may be interested in:

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/05/amazon-devices-will-soon-automatically-share-your-internet-with-neighbors/

I went to the "My Devices" tab on their website, and my two Echoes weren't even listed, just an old Kindle that I don't use.  Hmm.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Botch said:

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/05/amazon-devices-will-soon-automatically-share-your-internet-with-neighbors/

I went to the "My Devices" tab on their website, and my two Echoes weren't even listed, just an old Kindle that I don't use.  Hmm.  

The article tells you you have to use the Alexa app to opt out not the website. Strange tho that they don't show up on the website Devices page tho.
    My Alexa app didn't have the "Amazon Sidewalk" feature listed. Turns out my Echo units are too old (1st gen) to work with that. So no worries.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Photo Egg
    Options
    Botch said:

Big thanks for posting this.
    First to hear if this BS and I opted out.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Botch said:

Big thanks for posting this.
    First to hear if this BS and I opted out.
    Me 2, just disabled that crap as fast as I could.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,661
    Options
    I saw two Amazon trucks delivering today. Meh. I’ll stick with eBay and not being so damn lazy that I buy everything from one vendor.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,661
    Options
    Full disclosure I own Amazon stock ;-)
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    I saw two Amazon trucks delivering today. Meh. I’ll stick with eBay and not being so damn lazy that I buy everything from one vendor.
    Same here.  I also thought I'd read somewhere that Amazoid gave up on their self-owned delivery service, but I still see the vans everywhere.  
    Bezosebub earned $18 Billion more during the pandemic, and my own political party reduced his tax burden by a third.  Sick.    

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Botch said:
    Same here.  I also thought I'd read somewhere that Amazoid gave up on their self-owned delivery service, but I still see the vans everywhere.  
    Bezosebub earned $18 Billion more during the pandemic, and my own political party reduced his tax burden by a third.  Sick.    
    Bezos bought MGM which owns all The Apprentice shows, out-takes, etc.  Bezosbub could potentially drop some nukes on agent orange, although he would pay for it in court and the cult followers won't believe or care about a few N bombs and sexist talk because the brainwashing is deep.
    Options
    You think he bought MGM to get the rights to the Apprentice? Man you guys can spin some ****. Go back and read what @Botch posted, 18 Billion richer in 2020, lower tax burden. Thank you Uncle Joe