Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Memorial Day Weekend So Far....

Options
DainW
DainW Posts: 159
Had some some friends come up from Austin to stay the weekend with us. They came up Friday. Another of our friends was celebrating her 40th birthday on Saturday, and our outdoor kitchen had just been completed the weekend before, so it was the perfect storm to do a lot of cooking. 

Friday I broke in the wood fired oven with some pizzas. Had made some homemade pancetta and used that as a topping with caramelized onions and Alfredo sauce for the adults, cheese pizza for the kids. Fire control is a learning curve, but pizzas turned out great. 

Saturday we had a big party. I put a 14lb brisket on at midnight Friday and had plans for a cochinita pibil as well. Glad I had the pork butt, because the brisket didn’t finish up until 8 o’clock on Saturday, so 20 hours. I was stressing but most of the attendees were well lubricated already and the pork tacos held people over until the brisket was ready. Ended up being a great time. Pics to follow in next post. 

Comments