Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gebby's Burger knock off (Peoria, IL)

Options
2»

Comments

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    edited February 2021
    Options
    at this rate, you will be a THREE time personal chef

the comment section here still cracks me up
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    NDG said:

That video has been viewed over 2 million times, and I swear that at least half of them are by Egghead forum members, lol.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    NDG said:

I can't get over the fact that at some point someone was like "I got it! Let's make a 3 cheese blend how to video!" It will be epic and we will teach people sooo much
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    NDG said:

I can't get over the fact that at some point someone was like "I got it! Let's make a 3 cheese blend how to video!" It will be epic and we will teach people sooo much
    The year 2012 was a trip, man...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    Botch said:
    can anyone suggest a good swiss cheese, i get zero flavor from the over the counter supermarket versions. would the blocks in the binns be better, is there something i should be on the lookout for.
    I didn't think swiss was supposed to have any flavor; I never buy it and even forego it on a cheese platter.  

not trying some of the aged stuff my opinion is its there to help hold the mushrooms on a swiss mushroom burger, not ruin the flavors of the shrooms
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Options

I would probably eat there three times a week.  Great reviews except for this little gem...   “Gid forbid” lol.  I think I found a new saying.  

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    can anyone suggest a good swiss cheese, i get zero flavor from the over the counter supermarket versions. would the blocks in the binns be better, is there something i should be on the lookout for.

Have you tried Jarlsberg?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Have you tried Jarlsberg?
    Jarisberg ROCKS!!! I can sit down with it and a box of crackers and within minutes half a pound of Jarisberg is in my belly! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    I guess I need to branch out and try other cheeses, Velveeta is my standard cheese for a grilled cheese sandwich.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    GregW said:
    I guess I need to branch out and try other cheeses, Velveta is my standard cheese for a grilled cheese sandwich.
    I used to buy Velveeta loafs and I had a steel wire cutter that did a great job. Then I switched to Kraft singles for years. Then one Saturday Boars Head was sponsoring a "Taste The Difference" day and I tried their American Yellow Cheese. That was maybe 10 years ago and I have NEVER gone back to that other stuff! Try a package - you just might discover what you have been missing by eating Velveeta  which can sit in the back of your car's floor for 4 summer months and STILL taste the same! Makes you wonder, huh?  =)
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options

My wife loves that stuff.  Nena's started carrying it so a little easier to get now.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    edited February 2021
    Options

My wife loves that stuff.  Nena's started carrying it so a little easier to get now.
    I am friends with the owner of both Nena's and Mona's.  Both really great families.  I called her to ask how I could get some, turns out they have an online store.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • PeteSliver
    Options
    I think I’ve caught the Gebby Burger Bug!

Prepping for a twist on them tomorrow!!