Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WTF is going on in TX??

Options
124»

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,052
    Options
    Snowflake (irony anyone?). Is cold and hungry.  Hopefully someone fed him.

I knew I'd recognized that puppy!

That is just Precious!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Maybe some of the mad money utility companies made from the unregulated supply shortage will "trickle-down" into the pockets of the every day consumer....just like the tax cuts for large corporations.....  

Nah.

Suckers.
    Options
    I'd hate to see the power bill for anyone with a server farm.
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Maybe some of the mad money utility companies made from the unregulated supply shortage will "trickle-down" into the pockets of the every day consumer....just like the tax cuts for large corporations.....  

Nah.

Suckers.
    I am confident they will invest in infrastructure to ensure this does not happen again.  Increased customer satisfaction and better service are surely in the near future.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    They knew their history from as recently as 2017... know it well so you can be doomed to repeat it.  

Some pretty good incentives have been created to not fix infrastructure.   As long as they all ignore it.
    This seems nuts to me:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Jesus. Hopefully this is automated billing and will be corrected. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,619
    Options
    This seems nuts to me:

I know quite a few people who played that market, jumping providers every few months chasing the variable pricing.  They’re gripping hard right now.

Interesting that a few mayors (Houston, Ft Worth) saying state should pay these bills, they caused the problem.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    This seems nuts to me:

im thinking this bill should be disputed......
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    I only know enough to be stupid but I would guess folks who signed up for "market rate" power should have read the fine print.

That said, I'm guessing there will be a remedy from somewhere.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,619
    Options
    I would definitely turn auto pay off at this point.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited February 2021
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    I only know enough to be stupid but I would guess folks who signed up for "market rate" power should have read the fine print.

That said, I'm guessing there will be a remedy from somewhere.
    I think the proper Texas response, is: They were free to choose.  The reaped the rewards of low low prices for many years.  Now that hen has come home to roost.  Why should everyone else pay for them?

In reality I hope that Griddy and the Energy companies eat the cost of their poor and predatory business practices.

Deregulated utilities is a collosal bad idea, there are reasons we are all apart of a collective with a central government.  Utilities and infrastructure is one of them.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Looks like they are working on a solution.  I admit, did not see this one coming.

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Legume said:
    I would definitely turn auto pay off at this point.
    This is the exact reason I have NO automatic bill pay or any bills going direct to credit card.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Way to maximize the bad weather.    I grilled up a mess of chicken breasts, sausage and other sundries in anticipation of no power.    Well we kept the power but lost the water.    Kitchen looks like it is intentionally being remodeled---but it isn't.
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Way to maximize the bad weather.    I grilled up a mess of chicken breasts, sausage and other sundries in anticipation of no power.    Well we kept the power but lost the water.    Kitchen looks like it is intentionally being remodeled---but it isn't.
    My kitchen always looks like that =)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.