Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Super Bowl Peach Butt

13»

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Yukon Ron for the Win!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    caliking said:
    I'm drooling over here. The blue cheese sriracha coleslaw recipe is a bonus!
    Easy as can be. That is my sriracha/bleu cheese sauce I use on the tenderloin sliders at the Blasts. Just throw in the veggies. Thank you for the kind words.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    JRWhitee said:
    Yukon Ron for the Win!
    Thanks Jim, for the kind words. If it wasn’t easy, I wouldn’t do it. I want to learn your coned beef. That was the best I have ever had.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    YukonRon said:
    The butt is done
    It looks amazing brother Yukon 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    SGH said:
    YukonRon said:
    The butt is done
    It looks amazing brother Yukon 👍
    Thank you Scottie for the kind words. Good to see you again my friend.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Mercy!!  That bark looks outstanding... I have got to try this method... you know we are all about vinegar in everything in NC... you have now pushed me over the edge to make a go of your masterpiece!!   
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    caliking said:
    ......and how could he do it all without a slicer?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    Mercy!!  That bark looks outstanding... I have got to try this method... you know we are all about vinegar in everything in NC... you have now pushed me over the edge to make a go of your masterpiece!!   
    Johnny, my man! The glaze adds flavor big time but we use any kind of sauce that is out there when it is pulled. One of my faves is a vinegar mustard sauce we found up her called “Carolina Special” at a butcher shop. The owner is from NC, and makes it himself. Dang tasty, that is for sure on peach smoked and peach glazed pork butt sammies.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Jcl5150
    Jcl5150 Posts: 280
    YukonRon said:
    Going old school like I do for most of my cooks. Dialing in the temp while I let the preserves settle on the pork butt.
    I’m going to give this a go tomorrow.  Question:  do you cook directly on the grate?  I’m worried about the preserves sliding off.
  • YukonRon
    Jcl5150 said:
    YukonRon said:
    Going old school like I do for most of my cooks. Dialing in the temp while I let the preserves settle on the pork butt.
    I’m going to give this a go tomorrow.  Question:  do you cook directly on the grate?  I’m worried about the preserves sliding off.

caliking said:
    ......and how could he do it all without a slicer?
    Thinking he has all to tools now

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Jcl5150 said:
    YukonRon said:
    I place on a grate, elevated in the dome with a ceramic plate beneath it, and a drip pan on the ceramic plate.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    @Hoster05
    I hope you enjoyed it as much as we do. We stand outside before taking it off the egg with a pizza peel, and pull the bark with either a beer or a rose' for an appetizer. The competition for the bark gets a bit fierce at times.

Your cook looks awesome. Great photos too. Thank you for sharing.

That is a solid cook, I am doing another next week. I will use this thread to share.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • I just put a butt in some brine this morning for my first attempt at a Peach Butt.  Thanks for sharing Ron.
    XL and a Mini-Max.
    Boca Raton, FL
  • YukonRon
    I just put a butt in some brine this morning for my first attempt at a Peach Butt.  Thanks for sharing Ron.
    No problem, hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky