Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I miss stike. Wish he would come back

Options
2»

Comments

• JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options

Wolfpack said:
    Don't miss him at all- his constant harping on the virtues of japanese knives combined with his overboard opinions about throwing leftovers away after a single day really started to wear on me.  

Plus his insistance on covering beef in a bag when dry aging and never going past 14 days was just wrong. Don't get me started on his hatred of charcuterie, diatribes about the virtues of paperback books, etc. 

Yep- don't think we have had another member spout so much baseless garbage- it's almost like he never attended a science class or was even willing to use basic common sense. 

Plus did you see those pumpkins he used to carve? My 6 year old could do better
    I would agree. Except i am sure he thinks that paperbacks have their place. He owns a kindle too. The fancy fruitcake books of his are just for show
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    But you should see his rare book collection! Those bindings! Wow!
    Judy in San Diego
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I really love how certain people run in their little cliques, having personal secrets/relationships between themselves, tongue-in-cheek, as it is aired (seemingly innocent but far from that) in public. 

I too am guilty of this.  As we entertain ourselves in our little houses, with our little guilty pleasures, our dreary periods of boredom parsed between sketchy late night Amazon purchases and paying electric bills...I ask, why? 

And, as we ponder where some one is, we realize that we just say that because we are all in shock about one thing or another, and need to stay grounded in having to say something, because saying nothing is like screaming into the sky.

The truth is like poetry, and most people fvcking hate poetry.
    Options

Heh heh
    You deep.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Options
    Those where the days when Stike and the Village Idiot would duke it out at high noon.
  • JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    I really love how certain people run in their little cliques, having personal secrets/relationships between themselves, tongue-in-cheek, as it is aired (seemingly innocent but far from that) in public. 

I too am guilty of this.  As we entertain ourselves in our little houses, with our little guilty pleasures, our dreary periods of boredom parsed between sketchy late night Amazon purchases and paying electric bills...I ask, why? 

And, as we ponder where some one is, we realize that we just say that because we are all in shock about one thing or another, and need to stay grounded in having to say something, because saying nothing is like screaming into the sky.

The truth is like poetry, and most people fvcking hate poetry.
    It could also be that it is much less about cliques than it is not taking themselves too seriously

some people are very connected to their persona here. I don't mind people not knowing i am 'that guy'.  Don't need to have them on board

my feeling has always been that i am always the same person regardless of the screen name. Same answers to the same topics. If someone realizes it's me under a new name, then that's fine. If they don't, what does it matter

i'm also not a fan of doxxing others (or being doxxed) or dumping personal info on the web regularly. So a regular purge helps the reset button. Anyone can dig deeper and figure it out if they want to, but I don't owe anyone a clear picture. Just as I don't deserve to know who
    is on the other end of a forum handle. And i would frankly think
    it weird anyone cares.  

You mention poetry. I actually used to think of it like jazz. A number of us would goof around on the forum and some didn't. Was fun when it took. Lame when it didn't. Some would get upset or not understand. But those are generally the uptight crowd. Shrug

more to life than my post count or how many 'likes' i have. And not really a hit to my ego that they don't recognize my handle. Who cares? Did i answer the guy's question? Or try to? That's what counts. 

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    My vocabulary does not contain the correct words to properly describe how awesome that is. Beyond your pumpkins I've never seen anything even remotely close. 
    Thanks. But we all have our stuff. Plenty of stuff you can do that I can't do, I'm sure 
    Amazing!! So much talent! I look at your work posted on Youtube from time to time and show it to my friends. I just can't imagine being able to visualize the end product and to make it so precise and so much detail carving and scraping layers and layers to make a 3D ....Masterpiece. I must agree with Dawgfan I can't find the appropriate words to describe I've never seen anything in the same league. Oh yea, glad you are back!
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    piney said:
    My vocabulary does not contain the correct words to properly describe how awesome that is. Beyond your pumpkins I've never seen anything even remotely close. 
    Thanks. But we all have our stuff. Plenty of stuff you can do that I can't do, I'm sure 
    Amazing!! So much talent! I look at your work posted on Youtube from time to time and show it to my friends. I just can't imagine being able to visualize the end product and to make it so precise and so much detail carving and scraping layers and layers to make a 3D ....Masterpiece. I must agree with Dawgfan I can't find the appropriate words to describe I've never seen anything in the same league. Oh yea, glad you are back!
    thanks piney.  i have been here for the most part all along, but i dump out a screen name every now and then when i get bored.

as for "being able to visualize the end product and to make it so precise"

i actually do a paste up of images, draw over it, and make a sort of cartoon to refer to before i do the actual work.  helps a great deal.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    It's like he never left. ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    I met him. He's normal. 
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • gabriegger
    Options
    I thought I heard somewhere you were the infamous Stike!??

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    SMART GUY!!!!
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I met him. He's normal. 
    Interesting fact. 99% of the people interviewed about Ted Bundy said the same thing about him.  =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    SGH said:
    I met him. He's normal. 
    Interesting fact. 99% of the people interviewed about Ted Bundy said the same thing about him.  =)
    My recent haircut comment:
    My daughter comments on my new haircut: "Oh look at you.  You look like the grandpa on 'Modern Family'."
    Wilma says, "You mean Ted Bundy?"
    Me: "Ted Bundy was a serial killer.  Do you mean Al Bundy?"
    Wilma: "Ted?  Al?  You know what I mean."
    Flint, Michigan
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    bump
    Bump - Memebase - Funny Memes

Is this about that guy with the rotting meat fetish?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Is this about that guy with the rotting meat fetish?
    Yep.  If only someone could convince him to use those UMAI bags...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    I miss LittleSteven
    I never exchanged with him - not even sure he has been here since my arrival, but he sure seemed like one of the good ones. He was also a fellow Canuck, so I can only assume good things. 😊
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Options
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    I miss LittleSteven
    I never exchanged with him - not even sure he has been here since my arrival, but he sure seemed like one of the good ones. He was also a fellow Canuck, so I can only assume good things. 😊
    Well you're right about LS, I'm fortunate to have met him many times. Regrettably, not so proud of canuckistanians Tweeve and Tweeve 2.0  :o
    canuckland
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    I miss LittleSteven
    Well you're right about LS, I'm fortunate to have met him many times. Regrettably, not so proud of canuckistanians Tweeve and Tweeve 2.0  :o
    Is seem to remember Tweev as a funny troll, maybe my memory is playing tricks on me 🤔

Options
    paqman said:
    PigBeanUs said:
    I miss LittleSteven
    Is seem to remember Tweev as a funny troll, maybe my memory is playing tricks on me 🤔
    He was hilarious.  He did cross the line a bit much, admitted it himself. 

Options
    LS gave me stikes phone number for a trip to Boston. Stike gave me great information. Nice guy and a friggin genius with a pin & ink. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.