Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Trimming Up the Forum

Is there anyway to trim or clean up the Forum? When you come in now looking for a certain recipe or someone's time/temp, you have to filter thru endless threads of lame jokes, memes and ppl's links to moronic social media posts. For those of us who are simply looking for information, would it be possible to trim up the site or limit the amount of endless non-relevant replies to threads?  Thank you much.

Comments

• HogFather
    HogFather Posts: 259
    edited December 2020
    Hi. You should post your questions or ask for help finding a recipe instead of creating a post just to beatch. Post some cooks. Participate. 
    Most importantly, Merry Christmas 
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Search function here or use google and add egghead forum to your question.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Is there anyway to trim or clean up the Forum? When you come in now looking for a certain recipe or someone's time/temp, you have to filter thru endless threads of lame jokes, memes and ppl's links to moronic social media posts. For those of us who are simply looking for information, would it be possible to trim up the site or limit the amount of endless non-relevant replies to threads?  Thank you much.
    Sonny, this is a helpful community and more notably the best site I have found for balanced caring cook advice.  So, I'd recommend just skimming past the parts that don't interest you right now.  If you post enough to start to recognize some of the names, you'll then find yourself reading the social posts to see what your new friends are up to.
    I find the SEARCH function to be great for finding tips.  I often start there before posting a question and then if I don't find what I'm looking for post a new thread. And share your cooking results, regardless, if the forum helped you out! If you had a question that led to a nice solution, someone else will benefit from it... or at least you'll motivate one of us to light our lump. :triumph:

LBGE/Maryland
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    In the search bar type whatever your looking for -re. This pulls the topics without the comments 

example 
    pulled beef -re 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • lousubcap said:
    Search function here or use google and add egghead forum to your question.  

For better Google results site:eggheadforum.com "search terms" 

Can do for any search for better results 
    Boom
  • I wouldn’t just like a fvcking update on eggtoberfest!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I recommend https://www.kamadoguru.com

Boatloads of good info there.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    caliking said:

First time to see this site. Thanks 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • BGE Corporate does try to police the place. It’s done infrequently, and arbitrarily. 
    Recently (I believe you will be happy to hear) they dragged some of the more notorious threads into an OT forum. 

This forum only exists because there are active members. In fact, it was co-opted by corporate from a family who started it themselves twenty something years ago. Sonit had this vibe long before a corporation tried to use it for marketing. 

The active members sometimes get tired of just answering the same newbie questions over and over. And they goof around. Too bad. 

Those who expect the forum to cater to their needs every four years or so when they post, are perhaps on the “naïve” end of the internet spectrum. 

If it makes you feel better, for the entirety of the twenty years, people lamented the decline of the forum, wished that it would just be all-BGE all the time, and wished the clowns would leave. 

The clowns kept answering all the questions, and the old farts have moved on. It just is how it is. 

Your question reminds me of a kid I went to grammar school with who was perturbed that the encyclopedia had all this other stuff in it in addition to the one thing he was actually interested in. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited December 2020
    Weight contest starts after the January 1st time line. 

Edit: ......and not before. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    PigBeanUs said:
    BGE Corporate does try to police the place. It’s done infrequently, and arbitrarily. 
    Recently (I believe you will be happy to hear) they dragged some of the more notorious threads into an OT forum. 

This forum only exists because there are active members. In fact, it was co-opted by corporate from a family who started it themselves twenty something years ago. Sonit had this vibe long before a corporation tried to use it for marketing. 

The active members sometimes get tired of just answering the same newbie questions over and over. And they goof around. Too bad. 

Those who expect the forum to cater to their needs every four years or so when they post, are perhaps on the “naïve” end of the internet spectrum. 

If it makes you feel better, for the entirety of the twenty years, people lamented the decline of the forum, wished that it would just be all-BGE all the time, and wished the clowns would leave. 

The clowns kept answering all the questions, and the old farts have moved on. It just is how it is. 

Your question reminds me of a kid I went to grammar school with who was perturbed that the encyclopedia had all this other stuff in it in addition to the one thing he was actually interested in. 
    Arent the old farts the ones controlling the forum now? You guys are all 50 plus.
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    In the search bar type whatever your looking for -re. This pulls the topics without the comments 

example 
    pulled beef -re 
    Cool, tried it out, had no idea that cheese fondue has been discussed here,  Christmas Eve tradition at our house...

Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:
    BGE Corporate does try to police the place. It’s done infrequently, and arbitrarily. 

Arent the old farts the ones controlling the forum now? You guys are all 50 plus.
    Every time you post it reminds me how much I miss @DoubleEgger
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Guilty as charged, over 50 here, not sure that’s old fart material, but I suppose your perspective is different than mine.  Oh well.

But who controls the forum?  Do you mean who people who post more than others?
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Legume said:
    Lit said:
    PigBeanUs said:

Guilty as charged, over 50 here, not sure that’s old fart material, but I suppose your perspective is different than mine.  Oh well.

But who controls the forum?  Do you mean who people who post more than others?
    I dunno...but we for sure know who's ruining the forum!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    smbishop said:

example 
    pulled beef -re 
    Cool, tried it out, had no idea that cheese fondue has been discussed here,  Christmas Eve tradition at our house...

Fondue at our house toningt as well!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    dmchicago said:
    smbishop said:

example 
    pulled beef -re 

Fondue at our house toningt as well!
    Awesome!!!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    SonnyBlack - maybe you could start here first when you want to look up a recipe.

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • The forum had been “in danger of being ruined”
    for twenty years. 

There’s nothing new under the sun
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Your spoilers are disappointing.
  • Welcome to one of the worlds biggest social networks, full of people who hate social networks.  And sprinkled with recipes, here and there.  =)
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    (google search) site:meatspin.com meat

sorry, meant

(google search) site:eggheadforum.com rubmyrock

lkapigian said:
    Where is @bettyball
    Really your topic is very interesting and useful and it contains great and unique information It’s just amazing Thanks very much

• Is there anyway to trim or clean up the Forum? When you come in now looking for a certain recipe or someone's time/temp, you have to filter thru endless threads of lame jokes, memes and ppl's links to moronic social media posts. For those of us who are simply looking for information, would it be possible to trim up the site or limit the amount of endless non-relevant replies to threads?  Thank you much.
    You need to start a petition to get this sort of thing done.  Nothing happens around here without a petition first.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Photo Egg said:
    caliking said:

First time to see this site. Thanks 
    Sorry... sarcasm doesn't always travel well over the ether. That site used to be pretty dead (days without any new posts, etc.), but I have not been over there recently to see if it has changed.

The guy who started or moderated it used to be very active on the BBQ Brethren. Seemed like a nice chap, but was run off from here because he was perceived as trying to push/sell something. I think KJ hired him about the time that forum was launched 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    This should be in the Festivus Thread. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• I miss @brentm this really did used to be a friendlier place 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660

(google search) site:eggheadforum.com rubmyrock

Was he real or just a troll?  I still haven’t made my mind.