Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Krispy Creme Donuts with Bourbon bacon glaze with ice cream

Options
ImmersionFD
ImmersionFD Posts: 32
edited May 2016 in Desserts
I saw @BigGreenCraig posted this on his IG account the other day and just had to try it.

Here are what is needed.

Smoke the bacon on the smoker. I placed some of the bourbon caramel sauce in microwave melted it, and then added a good amount to the Knob Creek Maple Bourbon( this stuff is great for cooking, I prefer their regular bourbon for drinking) to the melted caramel until desired constantly.

Then just crumble up the bacon and it to the glaze.

Put the donuts on the smoker/grill for 30 seconds a minute per side, then pour over the glaze and add some ice cream in the center.

This is seriously good and will now be our signature dessert for guests. Thanks @BigGreenCraig for the idea!

1 Large BGE & 1 Mini-Max BGE (Smokey & the Bandit) +  1 custom Challenger cart for their home. Kick Ash Basket & Igrill2, and cast iron inside for finishing reverse sears.

Comments