Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forum Change- Landing Page is no longer latest?

Options
On a mobile device, when I hit the "Egghead Forum" banner, it no longer takes me to the latest discussions landing. It goes to the Egghead Forum only. I.e. no off-topic in the latest discussions. Is that just my settings got messed up, or is the buffalo playing dirty now?
They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Mine is the same

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Trying to censor the man 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Works as usual on desktop version.
    NOLA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    Everything, for me, is on the main page *except* the "Off Topic" in the full desktop version.  That's all I use, even on my phone.  I hate the new format.

edited November 2020
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    Everything, for me, is on the main page *except* the "Off Topic" in the full desktop version.  That's all I use, even on my phone.  I hate the new format.

That is all I use too.  I guess the @The_Buffalo flexed on me.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,210
    Options
    Time to take the holidays off.  Adios Muchachos.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    buzd504 said:

Ooh, same.  I don't like this one little bit.
    NOLA
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,360
    Options
    Dumb
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    It's probably because all the snowflakes that lose their minds because they see something political in the off-topic threads constantly b!tch to the moderator.  There's a "report" flag that sends a message to the moderator.   I'm fairly certain this election put some people over the edge.
    Options
    Don't click on the All_Forums link on the right of the page or logout on desktop version. I did both as a test and Off topic threads no longer display for me. I created a bookmark for the OT threads I follow and added them to my reading list so I don't have to hunt for WAYDRN thread.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Making forum navigation more complicated isn't a positive development.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,047
    Options
    Yeah this sucks. Why would they go and hide the What Are You Doing Right Now Thread? That's where most of the cooks get posted here on the forum. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,870
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Yeah this sucks. Why would they go and hide the What Are You Doing Right Now Thread? That's where most of the cooks get posted here on the forum. 
    I'm pretty sure that you just answered your own question.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,047
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    WeberWho said:
    True, but do they really want to see pulled pork, ribs, brisket, and chicken posts over and over?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,870
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Foghorn said:
    WeberWho said:
    True, but do they really want to see pulled pork and chicken posts over and over?
    Yes.  I think so.  I honestly think that would draw in more people.  They might mostly be lurkers - but it would probably play better than the shenanigans we pull most days where we look like an insular club that likes to run off a lot of newbies - especially if you ask about cooking a 1/2" steak.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    It is now a three step process from mobile device.

click the 3 dashes in top
    left then click catergories then off topic...pain in the ars.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    All they have to do is ban a few people who lead the way with the shenanigans and it would come to a halt pretty quick. All of the other followers would step aside. Problem I see is the moderator doesn’t step up to the plate and moderate. They just nuke threads day after day for violating the rules. On most any other forum the moderators moderate and keep control of the forum. Not sure why they don’t do that here. Has there been anyone banned since grillsgt? 
    Snellville, GA

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    All they have to do is ban a few people who lead the way with the shenanigans and it would come to a halt pretty quick. All of the other followers would step aside. Problem I see is the moderator doesn’t step up to the plate and moderate. They just nuke threads day after day for violating the rules. On most any other forum the moderators moderate and keep control of the forum. Not sure why they don’t do that here. Has there been anyone banned since grillsgt? 
    I think @MahvagIzichi was banned.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    They should fire the moderator for even letting that one pass in the first place. 
    Snellville, GA

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    They should fire the moderator for even letting that one pass in the first place. 
    I’m not sure you can fire someone who is so clearly working for free.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,360
    Options
    I think “forum moderator” is way down on the list of responsibilities this person has. Something tells me this was an add-on to their job description. 
    Most forums have moderators who “work” certain days to keep things under control; Like a rotation. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Sheldon_Nigel
    Options
    As a lurker some of the stuff was really funny and kept me coming back to read it and why I waited for over a month to get approved once I decided to become a card carrying member.  I use Reddit for my serious BBQ stuff and BBQ Brethren.  This place is different and like the Wild Wild West with liberals in charge.  I kind of like it.  Hope it stays weird, like Austin.

Some of the best threads are not Egg related.  The fermenting thread and the charcuterie thread come to mind.
    Ruining Gaskets one cook at a time.
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    You think the person(s) moderating this forum is working for free? That would surprise me. 

Way down on the list? Why does that matter? How long does it take to zap a few boneheads who repeatedly abuse the rules? 

Just my take. Not looking to argue.
    Snellville, GA

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    You think the person(s) moderating this forum is working for free? That would surprise me. 

That was tongue in cheek.