Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled swordfish recipe

This comes from the New York Times website and is now my go to swordfish recipe. Recipe first, then pictures

4 swordfish steaks 6 oz each, hopefully good thickness
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
4 sprigs of rosemary leaves chopped or 1 teaspoon dried
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
2 teaspoons ground coriander (if you have that easily found in your house, good on ya)
1 teaspoon ground cumin (I omit, SWMBO does not like that spice at all)
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (I use more as a substitute for the hated cumin)

Sprinkle fish with S/P & place them in flat bottomed pan. Put marinade ingredient into mixer of choice and combine. Pour marinade over fish and cover pan with plastic wrap & let stand for 10 -20 min. I put it in the fridge just cause, you know, its fish.

Set the Egg for raised direct, I usually do 470-500° & cook until 150ish internal. I also place another sprig of rosemary on top of the fish while cooking to get the oils into the fish. Plate and enjoy!

Stay safe and have a great Thanksgiving socially distanced with masks!

Cheers,

Chris
St. Louis, MO
Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    That looks and sounds awesome.  I may have to do that.  Thanks for posting.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    Bookmarked!  

Interesting that your wife hates cumin; I like it, but only in much smaller amounts than most recipes call for, and I'm the same way with cilantro.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Love a good swordfish steak! Yours looks great!
    LBGE
    AL