Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak and Lobster Back in July

Options
Cooked this back in July but figured I would post. First time doing lobster on the BGE back in July. Planning to do lobster again for Christmas Eve for the family. Turned out great! I remember looking through processes here on this forum and Reddit group. It was fairly easy and turned out great! I was nervous but my wife and I both loved them!

Prepared the lobster by splitting the shell and pulling the lobster meat through the top to fan out and look "pretty". Started by cooking the steaks of course and then the last few minutes put the lobster on with meat up and let it cook. I would say I was rather shocked with how good they tasted and how it turned out.

Before pictures of the lobster as getting ready to put on the grill.

The final result with lobster done, steak, twice baked potato, and then I forgot I had also done bacon wrapped peppers. Good memories!

Planning to try the whole combination again and doing the lobster tails on Christmas Eve for sure. Wife already told me that was on the menu for Christmas Eve. Of course we had a nice melted bowl of butter to go with the lobster, but I also found it was good to drizzle over the steak too.

♦︎ John ♦︎ Large BGE ♦︎ Topeka, KS ♦︎ My Blog ♦︎

Comments