Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Polishing a talk for tomorrow.  I'm set to give the opening lecture (virtually) at the Latin American Congress on Computational Methods in Engineering.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Polishing a talk for tomorrow.  I'm set to give the opening lecture (virtually) at the Latin American Congress on Computational Methods in Engineering.  
    Could you please record it? Would love to have a listen later. I’m in massive need of a good sleep aid. 😉

Just funnin’ ya, JIC. I’m sure I’d dig it, were I well-versed in such things. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Could you please record it? Would love to have a listen later. I’m in massive need of a good sleep aid. 😉

Just funnin’ ya, JIC. I’m sure I’d dig it, were I well-versed in such things. 
    To tell the truth it's fairly theoretical and portions would no doubt put more than a few people to sleep.  My talk starts at 2pm their time.  I can't remember if Brazilians take a siesta right after lunch or not, but I might be OK there.  At least on Zoom most people have their cameras off so I won't be able to see them nodding off.

I am talking a little bit about some of our work on simulating lithotripsy - a medical procedure for breaking up kidney stones that at least most people can understand is important.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • FarmingPhD
    Options
    Washer maintenance/repair.  Cleaning the valves with CLR to try and increase water flow. Swapped out a board mounted pressure sensor earlier in the week that did not fix the issue.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    Steaks on the Jr

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @saluki2007 Brisket is always a treat. Looks great. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,348
    Options
    @gmanrva - I would crush that tuna.  Salmon looks like a winner as well...Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @gmanrva - I would crush that tuna.  Salmon looks like a winner as well...Congrats.
    Thanks Cap, it was fantastic, probably the best Tuna that I have bought and done at home!! It's all about the quality of the Tuna!
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac- just focus on the broth as the flavor for the remainder of the ingredients are what they are.  This dish begs for more salt in the broth than I was initially good with but since have seen the light.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,046
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac- just focus on the broth as the flavor for the remainder of the ingredients are what they are.  This dish begs for more salt in the broth than I was initially good with but since have seen the light.  FWIW-
    Good point on the broth.  I used a low sodium broth since it is what I regularly use, but something with more salt would have been a massive improvement.  Thanks for the tip!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Rejoicing my school launched Will Muschamp. That said, he go be livin real good for the next several years. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I’ll gladly take my pink slip with a $13 million severance. Likely the right call but tough time to pull the trigger with the revenue loss from this year. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Legume - you are treating yourself right in the face of the grind.  Great plate right there.  
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    I’ll gladly take my pink slip with a $13 million severance. Likely the right call but tough time to pull the trigger with the revenue loss from this year. 
    Great assistant coach/ defensive coordinator, terrible coach.  On offense, Cam Cameron is a good example. 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I shape the dough, add the pizza sauce and throw on the steel for like 5 minutes.  Then add the toppings and bake back on the steel.  I pre-roast all the veggies with a lot of moisture so I don't get an excessively wet pie.  I put most of the cheese on the sauce but I reserve some to put over the roasted veggies.  On the very top I put any wet stuff and the garlic and spices.
    Options
    Pizzas look great @nolaegghead, I grew up on that kind of pizza.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    Congrats on your semicentennial!
    Congrats to your wife as well, she really did right with that cake!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,273
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @CPFC1905: Incredible cake. Wow. Fondant? I’m guessing the flammable sign was removed before the candles were lit?

Congrats on the milestone!