Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Flu Shot OT

Options
13»

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,638
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Bump.  Get them if you haven’t.  Got mine this week.  10 minutes in and out of a Walgreens that has my insurance on file.  Free.

Best part of the trip was the 20 something that wanders in without a mask and argues with both store manager and pharmacist that he doesn’t have to wear a mask as that would just be a charade - he’s immune and therefore cannot pass anything on.

Their hands were tied.  I wished they could’ve kicked him to the curb, but maybe he really needs whatever he was there to pick up.

Anyway, get your flu shot if you haven’t and you’re not one of those people.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    Options
    BUT...BUT...DOESN'T IT CAUSE AUTISM AND AIDS!?
    They are really implanting chips into our arms. No need for fear. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,332
    Options
    Legume said:
    Bump.  Get them if you haven’t.  Got mine this week.  10 minutes in and out of a Walgreens that has my insurance on file.  Free.

Best part of the trip was the 20 something that wanders in without a mask and argues with both store manager and pharmacist that he doesn’t have to wear a mask as that would just be a charade - he’s immune and therefore cannot pass anything on.

Their hands were tied.  I wished they could’ve kicked him to the curb, but maybe he really needs whatever he was there to pick up.

I don’t think that Walgreens carries either a conscience or a brain for sale. 
    Last night I ate at a local Chinese restaurant, trying to help keep them open. An older lady about 20 feet away was hacking out her lungs. Good times.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:

Last night I ate at a local Chinese restaurant, trying to help keep them open. An older lady about 20 feet away was hacking out her lungs. Good times.
    I recommend the takeout option.  It keeps the business going and keeps the Rona away.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Options
    Agree.  There are only a couple of restaurants we go to and they’re serving exclusively outside.  Not sure what happens with the weather changing, but takeout is what we’re doing when there isn’t outside seating.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,604
    Options
    I predict commercial outdoor heater business booming this winter.
    canuckland
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,535
    Options
    Already is.  

"Tung Oil is derived from the Tung tree, but not from its tongue, but rather its nuts."  - Stumpy Nubs

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,332
    Options
    Legume said:

I recommend the takeout option.  It keeps the business going and keeps the Rona away.
    I can’t tip the servers that way. One place I know went permanently out of business. Their server had been there over 30 years. She was the best server that I have ever seen. She would see my car in the parking lot and my drink and table would’ve waiting for me by the time I got in the door.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    caliking said:
    Legume said:

i hope he was there to pick up condoms. 
    I see what you did there....
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Legume
    Options
    caliking said:
    Legume said:

i hope he was there to pick up condoms. 
    Not unless they have prescription condoms.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,066
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Legume said:

I can’t tip the servers that way. One place I know went permanently out of business. Their server had been there over 30 years. She was the best server that I have ever seen. She would see my car in the parking lot and my drink and table would’ve waiting for me by the time I got in the door.
    It's a tough time for people like waiters and waitresses, bartenders, no doubt.  But it's just not a good idea to be eating inside a restaurant right now.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Global warming has been preparing for this for decades. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,373
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder. Got an appointment set for Monday to get my autism inducing, global money market debit system government tracker. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SWMBO did a volunteer gig today where they gave flu shots to Jefferson parish public employees.  She said she treated about 30 people with the autism generator/government tracker injections.