Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin...Thanks to EggersRUs

Found this recipe, and gave it a try, it was great. The tenderloin was large so, I cut it in half, the skinny half cooked about 150F, as some family still has the “PPP”, the Pink Pork Phobia. The other half was right about 140F and was juicy and delicious.  I was told that I have to make this for now on.  Thanks to EggersRUs for the recipe, it’s a keeper.

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    looks yummy!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Looks fantastic, @Longtrain, and good job satisfying your whole crowd.  
    And Welcome!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.  
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Longtrain
    is your handle/nic a reflection of the class 1 railroads going to PSR and 17,000 ft trains?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Willing to share the recipe?
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • Longtrain
    Longtrain Posts: 48
    edited October 2020
    loco_engr said:
    Longtrain
    is your handle/nic a reflection of the class 1 railroads going to PSR and 17,000 ft trains?
    I have been asked that a number of times as I use that handle on other sites.  Sorry, no train experience beyond Lionel as a kid in the 1950’s.  Actually it’s from a favorite Doobie Brothers song, “Long Train Runnin”, circa 1973.
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Very nice, have not cooked one of these in a while, you inspired me to do so soon.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Nice cook.

I need to do more pork tenderloins for reasons you stated - skinny end can be a little more done and still make folks happy, while the other end is just to one's liking. Its just a satisfying cook.

On the grocery list for this week!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • You are quite welcome to spread that recipe far and wide.

That has become a staple to offer grandkids and guests.

We have noted that even rewarmed leftovers that are not pink have been warmed too much.

I've been cooking on a Kamado Joe for eight or so years and have been coming here for recipes.

It's all kamado ovens so the recipes work fine.

Salmon, pork tenderloin, Spatchcock chicken and pizza are our standbys for guests.

It has been hard to get really good chickens in our area lately, so we let the birthday people choose ;<)