Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Shoulder Country Style Ribs??

Options
TEXASBGE2018
TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
Ok gents and ladies, how the heck do I cook these?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Just like you would a shoulder but i usually sauce and pull them around 185-190 so they still have a little texture.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    I just made this recipe on Monday, came out excellent.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/melissa-darabian/braised-country-style-pork-ribs-recipe-1923309

The ribs I used were bone-in. The sauce with the vinegar was great, too.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    Those are good with a hard sear and then in slow cooker with either some green chile sauce or on a bed of onions with some bbq sauce.  Perfect when you need some kind of pulled pork for something else and smoking a whole butt on the egg isn’t the best option.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,746
    Options
    i would start with a char siu marinade over night then do what lit said and baste it several times with the marinade until its a sticky mess. lots of recipes out there
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Ok gents and ladies, how the heck do I cook these?

Believe this or not, but country style ribs are my wife’s absolute favorite thing Q related. I have been cooking them for her since we was 16. 
    With that said and aside, I do mine a little different than most. I cook them “raised direct” at 275 until they hit about 185. Then I finish then with a good sear right over the fire.  
    There are many ways to get good results. But I do the above because it is how my wife prefers them.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Well we had family over tonight. Had these country style as well as 3 racks of St. Louis cut ribs. I coated everything with Dizzy Dust and cooked at 250 with hickory. Then once they were done I split everything in half. Half the ribs got coated with a mix of BBQ sauce, peach preserves and a little honey. The other half I wanted something different so I went Asian style with a glaze made from soy sauce, ground ginger, roasted garlic, Sriracha, honey and brown sugar.  The runaway favorite were the Asian style. This is all that’s left out of the 3 racks and a half dozen of the country style. Left is peach preserve regular style that I make and right side is the Asian inspired. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SaltySam
    Options
    I’ve had my Egg for 8 years and haven’t tried country style ribs.  After seeing this thread, that will be the next thing I cook.  

You guys are good salesmen

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE