Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody have a GREAT chicken salad recipe to share?

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
edited September 2020 in Off Topic
We just love a rotisserie chicken from Costco and in spite of pigging out for two meals we always have more leftover. Most times I use it to make a kick butt veggie, cheese and chicken soup out of it, but I already have 11 pints in my freezer. Anybody got a great chicken salad recipe? 
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• 2 Cups chicken
    2 celery stalks
    1/2 medium onion
    1.5 tsp kosher salt
    3tbs fresh parsley
    1 cup mayo
    1/2 cup broccoli
    1 tsp stone ground mustard
    fresh ground black pepper

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    ^^^ what he said with and addition. If you still have the skin put it on the egg or in the oven and cook till crispy. Then chop it up and put in the salad. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited September 2020
    Pretty much the same as @alaskanassasin, but without the broccoli (only because I hadn't thought of it. Will try next time. Works for tuna salad too.

EDIT, also pokesallet (shredded pork butt).

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited September 2020
    Chicken breast (bone in) boiled for a while till done thru. (Save the broth for a cold rainy day)

* Diced chicken after removing from bone and launching any fat and skin. 
    * Dukes mayo (No time to be bashful) 
    * sweet pickled relish. (You make the call as you taste yourself threw the mixing) 
    * A dab of mustard (brings a little color as well as taste back in the shadows 
    * chopped boiled egg
    * Season with salt, pepper and old bay. 

Mix

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Any inclusion of celery is an immediate disqualification in my book.  

My go to recipe is:
    1 part cubed chicken breast, 1 part mayo,  1/2 part sliced grapes,  curry powder to taste.  Amounts aren’t consistent, nor are they super important. Sometimes I add slices almonds, too.  The most important quantity is for celery...and that would be zero.  

This is best served on a croissant.  

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• Carolina Q
    i like the grape idea!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• I have the one from Chick fil A. You can probably Google it, but if not, let me know and I’ll post it

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    I read somewhere that Subway adds some lemon juice to their mayo on the tuna subs
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Carolina Q
    loco_engr said:
    I read somewhere that Subway adds some lemon juice to their mayo on the tuna subs
    Don't remember where I got it, but this tastes exactly like Subway tuna...

24 ounces chunk light tuna in water, drained 

1/3 cup mayonnaise

2 teaspoons lemon juice

1/4 teaspoon salt 

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Broccoli is awesome, I also normally poach as suggested by @northGAcock
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Try this. Works for us. I also grate just a little onion into it as well.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    have always just winged it. mine gets some dried cranberries and some greek yogurt and lemon juice mixed in with the mayo if i have it. it will have celery
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Jalapeno Popper Chicken Salad

4 chicken thighs - Roasted and seasoned to preference. I like a little pepper and tony's seasoning. Diced or pulled. I like diced.

5 strips bacon - Cooked and chopped

3 jalapenos - Chopped (Lightly saute'd in bacon grease (emphasis on lightly, still want some crunch)

1/2 cup mayo

1/4 cup green onion - chopped

1/2 tsp onion powder

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp salt

1 tbsp bacon grease (optional)

Mix all ingredients, serve warm or chilled. Like soups, it tastes even better after a day or two in the fridge. 

South Central Kansas
    Instagram: @midwest_voyager
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I usually just dice up chicken breasts, white grapes, celery and almonds and dress it with some mayo, half & half and a few other things.