Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Goes Camping

Options
Just one shot of our Mini gone camping as we only went one night due to weather. 

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    The mini doesn't care about bad weather.   =)

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Fun Times. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    Just one shot of our Mini gone camping as we only went one night due to weather. 
    Glad to see someone else who likes their steaks on the rare side!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I would recommend putting some gasket material between the steel ring and the egg in at least places.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Lumpy_Coal
    Options
    loco_engr said:
    I would recommend putting some gasket material between the steel ring and the egg in at least places.
    Why?  The egg used to sit in the ring and now it sits on the steel cross pieces I welded on.  
  • Kevinboatright
    Options
    Love it. I need to find a carrier for my mini. 
    Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Options
    BGE sells a carrier. Got one when I purchased a mini 5-6 years ago. The mini egg is the best egg pound for pound. 
  • Kevinboatright
    Options
    Mikee said:
    BGE sells a carrier. Got one when I purchased a mini 5-6 years ago. The mini egg is the best egg pound for pound. 
    Yeah I want the carrier but the MSRP is way to much considering what the egg itself cost me. 
    Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Mikee said:
    Yeah I want the carrier but the MSRP is way to much considering what the egg itself cost me. 
    I paid 69.95 for it, and it was worth every penny, even considering I paid only like $80 for my first mini that went in it.  I liked it so much I went and bought another one for my second mini.  I've seen other solutions, and I cant say any are as good as the carrier BGE makes.  If you find a better solution, I'd be interested in seeing it.  I always like new gadgets.  Maybe a double mini carrier?  =)