Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large Fire Ring and Fire Box Are Cracked

My large BGE has a crack in the fire box and the fire ring. Normally, I would take these down to the BGE store in Atlanta and they would replace them for free. These have a lifetime warranty on them. The problem is that the Atlanta BGE store has been closed for months. I emailed the BGE warranty department weeks ago and I have not heard from them. Any ideas of where and how I can get these replaced? I would love to get back cooking on my BGE.

Thanks,
Kirk   

Comments

• Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    I would imagine that you're still able to cook currently. Not sure I'd get it nuclear hot though. But for regular cooks it shouldn't be an issue. Most people don't rush and put the replacement parts that they get from the warranty in any hurry. I'm guessing any store that sells the BGE can process your claim with a few pictures and proof of purchase. People with more experience I'm sure will chime in as well. Good luck. 
  • I have been waiting on a fire bowl for almost 4 months, welcome to bge lifetime warranty! 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    My large BGE has a crack in the fire box and the fire ring. Normally, I would take these down to the BGE store in Atlanta and they would replace them for free. These have a lifetime warranty on them. The problem is that the Atlanta BGE store has been closed for months. I emailed the BGE warranty department weeks ago and I have not heard from them. Any ideas of where and how I can get these replaced? I would love to get back cooking on my BGE.

Thanks,
    Kirk   
    Call BGE customer support directly. They will send you an email that you can send to a local dealer so that they can order replacement parts for you.My firebox cracked as well a few weeks ago and after emailing them I called and they took care of it. It may take a while to get the parts depending on when your dealer receives its next shipment from BGE.
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,676
    A solid local dealer is the key to warranty claims. They know how to work the system in order to receive replacement parts in a timely fashion. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Keep on cooking while you get everything sorted out.  It's not going to hurt anything with a cracked fire box and fire ring
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Does anyone know if and when the Big Green Egg Corporate Store at The Big Green Egg Headquarters in Atlanta, GA will open? 

Thanks
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    WeberWho said:
    Keep on cooking while you get everything sorted out.  It's not going to hurt anything with a cracked fire box and fire ring

This.

I would call their asses up and let them solve your problem.