Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lump Reducer - alternate way

Options

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    @thetrim - your obsession with Michelle Obama borders on the bizarre and deranged.  Seek therapy.  
    Well, the whole ‘fact’ based argument about Israel didn’t work out, I guess go all in with fantasy?

why are the Obama’s a topic?
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Sorry I missed all this. I was in the hospital three times. Two for day surgery and one in the ER.

Bad kidney stones that the first round of lithotripsy did not obliterate. 

You know, there is nothing, no smoking gun that will convince a die-hard liberal that their guy is bad.

I am willing to admit Trump stick his foot and says dumb things sometimes. So what? I favor his policies and what he is doing.

Right now he is hammered for his covid response.Yes corona is real and is a threat. But the world can't stop revolving for it. Also, you have to reconcile the high infection rate with the very low death rate, and who actually dies. There must be a balance. We don't lock up the country every year for the flu, even a particularly bad flu. At the onset, corona seemed like a very bad killer and was unknown. Trump got blasted for wanting to restrict travel from certain countries. Later in the game he was criticized for not doing enough earlier.

I also fundamentally disagree with the federal gov. just handing everyone in the country checks to keep them at home. That is just totally unsustainable and will ruin the entire global economy, which like it or not, will cause even worse living conditions than corona will.

Long story short the initial predictions for corona were WAY WAY off by like over 1000%. From early March:

COVID-19 predicted to infect 81% of U.S. population, cause 2.2 million deaths in U.S.

So far we are at just under 1.5% infected and 160k dead, and not that I disagree with it, it is good to note that any death of a patient with covid is considered a covid death. I realize that we have not tested every human in the country, but you have to be nuts to think the predictions were even remotely close. Even the 90 year old with heart failure and covid was the final straw is a covid death.

It would be better, in my opinion, to compare the death rate in general, for any cause, in the USA over the March-July period from the last 5 years. I think this would be more telling. People die, it is a fact of life. Let's find out how many would NOT have died (within a month or two) but for covid.

Yes, I advocate for a mask to be worn. I do not think there is a government conspiracy to take away our rights and it is starting with a mask mandate. I wear a mask in public just as I avoid people with bad colds/flu. I would rather NOT have covid, and will take reasonable precautions. But not being able to work and getting paid to stay home, sometimes more than what I make at work, is NOT a reasonable precaution.

This all seems to be ignored and Trump gets bashed for not behaving like the initial predictions were accurate. 

That's my take.
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    @speed51133 - there is a lot to unpack there, and all I’ll say at the moment is that what you’re asking for - to compare deaths over the last five months to a more typical year, has been done.  That’s the study by Yale, the one that essentially indicated that if anything, we have grossly undercounted the deaths due to covid.

Summary here: https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/07/01/official-us-coronavirus-death-toll-is-a-substantial-undercount-of-actual-tally-new-yale-study-finds.html
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    "IT IS WHAT IT IS"
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Legume
    Options
    “You know, there is nothing, no smoking gun that will convince a die-hard liberal that their guy is bad.”

This goes both ways, doesn’t it?  

I don’t think you’ll find anyone here arguing that Biden is the best, strongest, right person for the job.  It’s who is least bad, as always.  I think Trump has continued to significantly lower that bar and is dangerous, but that’s my opinion.  Biden is least dangerous to the US, it’s people, our future.  That’s my opinion.  In both cases, VP choice is going to be important, I’m not sure either has 4 year staying power.

“I am willing to admit Trump stick his foot and says dumb things sometimes. So what? I favor his policies and what he is doing.”

“Says dumb things some times.”  Are you including his bald face lying, petty grudges, name calling and venom spewing on a regular basis?  I think you’re being pretty generous.  This is not normal.  Should it be normal? 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    edited August 2020
    Options
  • nolaeggheads_squirel
    Options
    Sorry I missed all this. I was in the hospital three times. Two for day surgery and one in the ER.

Bad kidney stones that the first round of lithotripsy did not obliterate. 

You know, there is nothing, no smoking gun that will convince a die-hard liberal that their guy is bad.

I am willing to admit Trump stick his foot and says dumb things sometimes. So what? I favor his policies and what he is doing.

Right now he is hammered for his covid response.Yes corona is real and is a threat. But the world can't stop revolving for it. Also, you have to reconcile the high infection rate with the very low death rate, and who actually dies. There must be a balance. We don't lock up the country every year for the flu, even a particularly bad flu. At the onset, corona seemed like a very bad killer and was unknown. Trump got blasted for wanting to restrict travel from certain countries. Later in the game he was criticized for not doing enough earlier.

I also fundamentally disagree with the federal gov. just handing everyone in the country checks to keep them at home. That is just totally unsustainable and will ruin the entire global economy, which like it or not, will cause even worse living conditions than corona will.

Long story short the initial predictions for corona were WAY WAY off by like over 1000%. From early March:

COVID-19 predicted to infect 81% of U.S. population, cause 2.2 million deaths in U.S.

So far we are at just under 1.5% infected and 160k dead, and not that I disagree with it, it is good to note that any death of a patient with covid is considered a covid death. I realize that we have not tested every human in the country, but you have to be nuts to think the predictions were even remotely close. Even the 90 year old with heart failure and covid was the final straw is a covid death.

It would be better, in my opinion, to compare the death rate in general, for any cause, in the USA over the March-July period from the last 5 years. I think this would be more telling. People die, it is a fact of life. Let's find out how many would NOT have died (within a month or two) but for covid.

Yes, I advocate for a mask to be worn. I do not think there is a government conspiracy to take away our rights and it is starting with a mask mandate. I wear a mask in public just as I avoid people with bad colds/flu. I would rather NOT have covid, and will take reasonable precautions. But not being able to work and getting paid to stay home, sometimes more than what I make at work, is NOT a reasonable precaution.

This all seems to be ignored and Trump gets bashed for not behaving like the initial predictions were accurate. 

That's my take.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery.   Here's to hoping you can soon get off the drugs that are causing your delusions!!
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Legume said:
    “You know, there is nothing, no smoking gun that will convince a die-hard liberal that their guy is bad.”

This goes both ways, doesn’t it?  

I don’t think you’ll find anyone here arguing that Biden is the best, strongest, right person for the job.  It’s who is least bad, as always.  I think Trump has continued to significantly lower that bar and is dangerous, but that’s my opinion.  Biden is least dangerous to the US, it’s people, our future.  That’s my opinion.  In both cases, VP choice is going to be important, I’m not sure either has 4 year staying power.

“I am willing to admit Trump stick his foot and says dumb things sometimes. So what? I favor his policies and what he is doing.”

“Says dumb things some times.”  Are you including his bald face lying, petty grudges, name calling and venom spewing on a regular basis?  I think you’re being pretty generous.  This is not normal.  Should it be normal? 
    Well said sir. Let us not forget his pump and dump schemes. Keep an eye on the Kodak thing. It seems the SEC is.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina your obsession w my posting memes of the manliest First Lady In history is a bit off kilter.  Not sure if you need therapy, but it may be a good idea to goggle “how to take a joke”. 

SMDH.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    @JohnInCarolina your obsession w my posting memes of the manliest First Lady In history is a bit off kilter.  Not sure if you need therapy, but it may be a good idea to goggle “how to take a joke”. 

SMDH.  
    Yes, I've been accused on many occasion as someone totally bereft of humor and lacking all appreciation for it.  Or maybe that's someone else...

For what it's worth, I did laugh at the "I'm not obsessed with her - YOU'RE obsessed with ME!" comeback.  I feel like I'm in 3rd grade all over again.  
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    thetrim said:

SMDH.  
    One day I commented to a buddy how I thought Ms. Obama was a pretty good looking woman. He responded with "What, that Wookie??" This is a guy that would swear up and down HE wasn't a racist. Constantly. Hmmmm.
    I'm sure you undertook the important work of studying pictures of all the first ladies, to come to your learned conclusion. 

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    "IT IS WHAT IT IS"
    It is under control as much as you can control it  =)
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    "IT IS WHAT IT IS"
    It is under control as much as you can control it  =)
    That line hasn't received anywhere near the attention it deserves.  It unfortunately signals that the President isn't interested in doing anything more to contain the outbreak within the US.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Amongst the many things I've learned from this forum over the years is - there's funny, and then there is... @thetrim
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• thetrim
    Options
    thetrim said:

SMDH.  
    Yes, I've been accused on many occasion as someone totally bereft of humor and lacking all appreciation for it.  Or maybe that's someone else...

For what it's worth, I did laugh at the "I'm not obsessed with her - YOU'RE obsessed with ME!" comeback.  I feel like I'm in 3rd grade all over again.  

Am not
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • HogFather
    HogFather Posts: 260
    Options

Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    If you ever wondered why men's and women's shirt/blouse buttons are on opposite sides (yes, a slow day here  B) ) below is an explanation:

"During historical periods like the Renaissance and the Victorian Era, women’s clothing was often much more complicated and elaborate than men’s - think petticoats, corsets and bustles. But while rich men often dressed themselves, their female family members most likely had servants to help them put on their clothes, both out of luxury and necessity. To make it easier for servants to button up their employer’s dresses right, clothiers might have started sewing buttons on the opposite side. Eventually, as clothing became more and more mass-produced, women’s clothes kept being made with the buttons of the left, and the design became standard, Benjamin Radford wrote for Live Science in 2010.

That’s one explanation for why women’s clothes button on the left - but why would men’s clothes always button on the right? That particular tradition might have roots in how men once dressed for war, as Megan Garber writes for The Atlantic. Just as wealthy women needed servants to help them get dressed, men’s clothing might have taken cues from military uniforms. "

If truly interested after the above, I'm sure there are many research papers on the topic.  Have a great day and visit the Zoom session this evening (Friday).  

If this is true, I find women's clothing offensive and should all be removed.  Having garments reflecting a time in history when there were servants who clothed the wealthy is awful and needs to be fixed.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • thetrim
    Options
    Kayak said:
    thetrim said:

SMDH.  
    One day I commented to a buddy how I thought Ms. Obama was a pretty good looking woman. He responded with "What, that Wookie??" This is a guy that would swear up and down HE wasn't a racist. Constantly. Hmmmm.
    I'm sure you undertook the important work of studying pictures of all the first ladies, to come to your learned conclusion. 

I just don't see the attractiveness. I certainly don't think she looks like a "Wookie" like you do, I  mean like "your friend" does. 

For a woman that covered as a beautiful fashion and fitness icon for 8 years, she definitely doesn't fit that bill. 

For the last 3+ years, we've had a true fashion model as first lady, and she doesn't get any positive coverage.  Typically media BS aligning themselves with the dumocrats.

Oh, and I was a lifelong democrat until Barack and Mike started talking about how much they hated our country and how much we needed to fundamentally change America.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Legume
    Options
    Let’s be honest, if Melania was married to a democrat, you would be probably be railing against her for being a foreigner.
  • thetrim
    Options
    That's not true.  As a lifelong democrat, we have some decent ones.  I think it was our former fearless leader Harry Reid that said the junior Senator from NY was the"hottest member of the Senate"
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Kayak said:
    thetrim said:

SMDH.  

I just don't see the attractiveness. I certainly don't think she looks like a "Wookie" like you do, I  mean like "your friend" does. 

For a woman that covered as a beautiful fashion and fitness icon for 8 years, she definitely doesn't fit that bill. 

For the last 3+ years, we've had a true fashion model as first lady, and she doesn't get any positive coverage.  Typically media BS aligning themselves with the dumocrats.

Oh, and I was a lifelong democrat until Barack and Mike started talking about how much they hated our country and how much we needed to fundamentally change America.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    One of the cyber intelligence organizations have reported today that the russians are pushing misinformation heavily, via social media, to get trump re-elected, while the chinese are pushing misinformation heavily, via social media, to get Biden elected.

This world is getting stranger and stranger (and, they haven't yet perfected video alteration, although they're closing in fast.  When that happens, we're doomed).  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Botch said:
    One of the cyber intelligence organizations have reported today that the russians are pushing misinformation heavily, via social media, to get trump re-elected, while the chinese are pushing misinformation heavily, via social media, to get Biden elected.

This world is getting stranger and stranger (and, they haven't yet perfected video alteration, although they're closing in fast.  When that happens, we're doomed).  
    Have any of you actually met Trump or Biden in person?  How do you know they have not perfected fake videos?  That would be a better way to explain their'yre constant gaffes.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Legume
    Options
  • thetrim
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I will say, I think Kamala Harris is attractive, but not quite as much as former San Fran Mayor Willie Brown does.  Apparently, he gave her first standard Democrat party interview when she was looking at getting into politics.  At least she can now say that she knelt before Colin Kap did.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I’ll take jokes in poor taste with a side of misogyny for $100, Alex.
  • thetrim
    Options
    Very interesting seeing misogyny come off your keyboard, Johnny Boy.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    This thread has legs!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    So do spiders, and they both should be squashed.   ;)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month