Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ignore Function

Eoin
Eoin Posts: 4,304
Is there an ignore function on here?  I can't see reference to it, although I can see that a plugin is available from Vanilla. @The_Buffalo ?

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    This would be pretty awesome.  I'd ignore like half the forum.  And vice-versa, I suspect!  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Maybe you could set a "QAnon" flag to "true" and then you would only be visible to people who have personal profiles with idiot = true boolean metadata.

Or something.
    What do I know.

edited July 2020
    I would love an Ignore Button.  After culling my friends list on FB, I went from 27 to 3.  FB is much nicer now.  My block list is probably 100x the size of my friends list.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Others have been asking for this for a long time to avoid all the political nonsense posted here. The same advice we always get. You dont have to read it.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    Lit said:
    Others have been asking for this for a long time to avoid all the political nonsense posted here. The same advice we always get. You dont have to read it.
    I definitely skip threads based in title or OP.  However, when someone drops a duece in the middle of a good thread and then others pile in, it gets hard to ignore and not engage.  The ignore function is to resolve the good threads, bad poster dilemma.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Lit
    edited July 2020
    Lit said:
    I definitely skip threads based in title or OP.  However, when someone drops a duece in the middle of a good thread and then others pile in, it gets hard to ignore and not engage.  The ignore function is to resolve the good threads, bad poster dilemma.
    That never happens 😎
  • Eoin
    Lit said:
    Exactly.
  • Lit said:
    Don’t blame the deuce, blame the choice of drop zone.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    🙏 make this a thing. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    edited July 2020
    Is 🙏 peace in or peace out?  Or is it piece in or piece out?  Who GAF?  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Serious question. Exactly what would a ignore button do? What would it ignore exactly?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Lit said:
    Easy to not engage 
    Boom
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Don't really need a software/server side fix to easily ignore some threads or posts from specific members.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    They dont work. If someone quotes an ignored poster you see it anyway. Just let it go.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    @SGH

Congrats on the wicked irony, it’s been hiding in plain sight for well over a year, barely separated by A Man with a Muhle and I just noticed it tonight.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.

To see Trump's many attributes you wont need a second glance
    You know if you resist his intelligence you wont stand a chance
    His mind is like a razor simply sharp as it can be
    He is at least a million times smarter than either you or me

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    Legume said:
    @SGH

Congrats on the wicked irony, it’s been hiding in plain sight for well over a year, barely separated by A Man with a Muhle and I just noticed it tonight.

To see Trump's many attributes you wont need a second glance
    You know if you resist his intelligence you wont stand a chance
    His mind is like a razor simply sharp as it can be
    He is at least a million times smarter than either you or me

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eoin
    SGH said:
    Serious question. Exactly what would a ignore button do?
    Stop you seeing specific posters content.

SGH said:
    Serious question. What would it ignore exactly?
    A$$holes.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Isn't that what happens already when a post gets so many flags that it collapses only to be seen if requested? 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Isn't that what happens already when a post gets so many flags that it collapses only to be seen if requested? 
    That is why some posts are popping up as collapsed?  That is pretty cool new feature.  Gives Flags consequences.

Looks like @SGH was playing coy, while in the background he updated Vanilla.
  • Eoin
    That is why some posts are popping up as collapsed?  That is pretty cool new feature.  Gives Flags consequences.

I'm not sure about that, it's too easy to shut people out. Ignore is a personal decision, doesn't affect other users.
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    I haven't been here long, but I have to say this is probably the most friendly forum I've signed into, with next to no politics or infighting that I have seen yet.

There are forum platforms that allow ignore or you to unsee a thread.  The ignore doesn't allow you to see quotes of the person you ignored either.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    @RyanStl I agree this place has really gone down hill. The only provocateur not lurking behind flags gets it honest and that makes it not as much fun.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Eoin said:

I'm not sure about that, it's too easy to shut people out. Ignore is a personal decision, doesn't affect other users.
    Ah, good point.  Ignore you choose, flags and hide is done to you .... Ie, a cabal could choose to regularly flag all a person's posts so nobody can see them.  Small but important distinction.
  • Lit
    Eoin said:

Ah, good point.  Ignore you choose, flags and hide is done to you .... Ie, a cabal could choose to regularly flag all a person's posts so nobody can see them.  Small but important distinction.
    Looks like it takes 5 flags to hide a post.
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Lit said:
    Eoin said:

To hide a post? Or to sink a thread? Despite all the flagging going on I don’t think I’ve ever seen a single post get more than a flag or two. And normally it makes no sense why the post was flagged. 

But who knows. 
    New Orleans LA
  • Lit
    Dondgc said:
    Lit said:
    Eoin said:

To hide a post? Or to sink a thread? Despite all the flagging going on I don’t think I’ve ever seen a single post get more than a flag or two. And normally it makes no sense why the post was flagged. 

But who knows. 
    5 to hide a post. Buffalo is the only one that sinks threads.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Thank you @The_Buffalo

Btw, everytime I read a post from you, I finish it off with this in my head: