Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thai Basil and Mint Chicken

Options
Chopped up thighs and mixed in a lil rice wine and cornstarch. Fired the large to temp unknown and away we go 

Chicken goes in for a quick cook 

Chicken comes out so the garlic,onions and birdseye chilis can get happy 

Chicken goes back in to finish cooking 

Then the sauce mixture of oyster sauce,soy sauce, dark soy,fish sauce and a touch of sugar goes in.  Let the sauce go for a bit 
then add the Thai Basil and Mint leaves 

Let’s eat!  The flavors were amazing and will be done again since we have an abundance of Thai Basil and Mint in the herb garden 

Thanks for looking. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    Back on quite the roll.  Great plate right there.  Congrats.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,098
    Options
    wth? keep on rolling my friend.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    You're killing me :) The last wok pic could be my new wallpaper.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Great dish... ah the plate is back!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    Options
    Ridiculous! I’m eating as I write this and could easily get a plate of that down. Keep them coming.
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Looks beautiful!  I’m sure that was delicious.  Wok recommendation for large BGE?  I have the same spider.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    You're making it happen lately. I can tell from the pics and the wisps of steam that you had your wok rippin' hot. Nice cook.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Looks beautiful!  I’m sure that was delicious.  Wok recommendation for large BGE?  I have the same spider.
    I have the 16” carbon steel with D handles from CGS. I had to season it myself not sure how they come now.  I know @Mickey speaks highly of the Wok Shop.  Maybe he can give some details 

analyze adapt overcome

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    You're making it happen lately. I can tell from the pics and the wisps of steam that you had your wok rippin' hot. Nice cook.
    Lol on rippin hot.  Entire cook was under 6mins.  It went quick.  Barely time to snap pics. 

analyze adapt overcome

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    That looks wonderful. And a great inspiration, thanks!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Fantastic!  Thanks again for sharing!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    I have the 16” carbon steel with D handles from CGS. I had to season it myself not sure how they come now.  I know @Mickey speaks highly of the Wok Shop.  Maybe he can give some details 
    Thanks!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • CPARKTX2
    CPARKTX2 Posts: 222
    Options
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited July 2020
    Options
    It looks excellent brother. I only wish you would of did it on the mini  :D

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.