Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs on PS Woo

Options
Long time egg user. New Ps woo user. Did ribs on it for the first time today on a large. Also used a vertical rib rack. Luckily I checked them after an hour or two as the tops were getting too much heat from the dome which makes since. What are your techniques with this set up? I kept things moving around so they still turned out great but definitely a lesson learned. I have the extender for the woo as well but even flat I feel like they’d be too close to the dome. Thoughts?

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    do them do flat. 

Baby Back Turbo Ribs (No flip)

350  indirect for 1hr 40 min. 

Before cooking: Pull membrane , rub, mustard, rub. 

Put on at 350 and leave the hell alone for about that time. This is called turbo ribs and I will never go back to 4 and 5 hour ribs. 

Note: with or w/o mustard works .. I like Bad Byron's Butt Rub / I like cherry & pecan mix for wood. 

If you want sauce: opened 15 min early and sauce. I like the sauce on the table.

I don't cook over the 100 minutes. 

Be sure your temp gauge is correct.

IMG_1310JPG

IMG_0687JPG

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.